Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for information on my 1997 STi

User Info Menu

That's a good point and why most recommend not doing the intake.
    Sorry again I believe you said the short ram intake goes into the duct so this avoids the issue of heat and water with the cone option?

OK I see what you mean, that's the right way of doing it though water could still be picked up that way but not likely.

http://streettuned.com.au/Intake-Sys...prod_1856.html (the URL wasn't highlighted since you don't have 10 posts so I never noticed it above lol).

User Info Menu

That is true, it's possible to get water... however I was doing some inspecting today, and it seems all the plastic protection pieces under the front bumper are there and intact. So I would extremely surprised anything got into the intake, unless I drove through a pool lol.

User Info Menu

That's also true, basically if water was able to go into that ducting your stuck airbox would be flooded too, though I guess the only increased risk is with the cone filter being down low instead of high in the engine bay but like you said unless you drive though a pool it shouldn't be an issue lol.

User Info Menu

Exactly ^__^ So at least I found one, and if anyone else searches for one, it will be here...

I think I am going to sell this STi soon and keep playing with new toys... I am thinking of getting a 1993 RX7 FD next.

User Info Menu

For an intake that is a little shorter and does not go into the fender well...try the Apexi 507-f003.
    1990 CRX Si EF7*
    *on the Atlantic Sports Car Club main page! www.ascc.ca
    1996 WRX STi GF8

User Info Menu

Great suggestion, I see it's for a Legacy B4 but it looks like it will do the trick just the same and the price is super cheap.

If you want to make a new thread for the above part I'd like to sticky it as this is the only thing the stock airbox should be ditched for.

User Info Menu

That's nice, but like I said earlier, the hood vents are open, and heat sink. especially in Okinawa, it gets crazy hot as is. Fender intake is definitely the way to go...

Still deciding on options though...

Debating on,

1. Sell the STi, buy cheap car and a nice motorcycle.
    2. Keep the STi, get a cheap bike no more modding the STi for awhile.
    3. Screw the bike save up to EJ22G swap my STi with a 6 speed.

Option 3 really isn't an option anymore because if I were to do that I would want to take it back with me but that's just to much because it's not 25 years old yet so idk...

User Info Menu

I'd like to see you go with option 2 or 3 since they involve keeping the STi

User Info Menu

I have another question... I am sure it won't be answered in time but...

I found a set of four Champion QC8WEP sparks in the car... First assumption is they must fit this car cuz they were in it... but the previous owner seemed kinda... well slow, so I am not trusting that...

How can I tell if these spark plugs fit my car?
    (I need new plugs and wires so this would work out great)

Also they look brand new.

User Info Menu

Those are absolutely the wrong ones, only NGK should be used and I think there are threads that have the exact model of NGK that you need for the EJ20K