Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: The New 2015 WRX STi

  1. #11

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I give you that JDM and I agree 200% that the GC8 and GDB will always be the best.

  2. #12

    User Info Menu

    Default

    All of these new cars look like Toyota/Hyundai hybrids. Absolutely no imagination.
    1995 STi Version II

  3. #13

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I cant put my finger on one particular thing that it is about the car but i just dont like it. I haven't liked the last few years of subarus either because they are just trying to please the masses with a generic look-a-like of other cars. But in the end they are just a business just trying to make money so if it works for them then all the power to them.

  4. #14

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I have a co worker who just bought a brand new Sti. According to him (and road and track) there is a huge difference between the two. A few years ago off the lot they seemed to be almost the same car performance wise, apparently that's changed and the Sti is a big deal again.....

  5. #15

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Stock gc8 sti will humiliate it. They're going backwards. Heavier and same power. for the price of 2015 sti you can build gc8 that comfy good looking and humiliate supercars imo.

  6. #16

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I think a stock gc8 humiliating a new sti is a bit of a stretch. I agree the older subies are great cars, and I used to own a heavily modded ej20 powered gc8, but they will not blow a brand new sti out if the water.

  7. #17

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniils View Post
    Stock gc8 sti will humiliate it. They're going backwards. Heavier and same power. for the price of 2015 sti you can build gc8 that comfy good looking and humiliate supercars imo.
    Actually the gc8 would lose and obviously you can build a gc8 that kills everything on the street and looks good while doing it if you're spending over 30 grand to build it..... I bet if you had a choice to be given a gc8 and the new sti plus 30 grand to build it you too would pick the new sti.

  8. #18

    User Info Menu

    Default

    My car poops on all sti's and powerwise it only has new ej207, which was also available on later models. Its lighter handles better bla bla bla.
    Last year I test drove 2013 sti and 2013 evo. And there is no comparison to my gc8. STI slow, unresponsive, understeering pig... Evo was much nicer at everything but you could feel the weight.

    Note the trend, every car manufacturer going lighter these days.
    You can always add power, but its hard to remove weight, thats why gc8>newage sti.

  9. #19

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniils View Post
    My car poops on all sti's and powerwise it only has new ej207, which was also available on later models. Its lighter handles better bla bla bla.
    Last year I test drove 2013 sti and 2013 evo. And there is no comparison to my gc8. STI slow, unresponsive, understeering pig... Evo was much nicer at everything but you could feel the weight.

    Note the trend, every car manufacturer going lighter these days.
    You can always add power, but its hard to remove weight, thats why gc8>newage sti.
    Totally agree with everything you just said.. I do like the look of the 2015 sti imo it is a step in the right direction from the previous model.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilmatic View Post
    Actually the gc8 would lose and obviously you can build a gc8 that kills everything on the street and looks good while doing it if you're spending over 30 grand to build it..... I bet if you had a choice to be given a gc8 and the new sti plus 30 grand to build it you too would pick the new sti.
    I find this very hard to believe....imho my completely stock RA would take a completely stock 2015 sti hands down..once you start adding parts things change and it would be a little more unpredictable.

  10. #20

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilmatic View Post
    Actually the gc8 would lose and obviously you can build a gc8 that kills everything on the street and looks good while doing it if you're spending over 30 grand to build it..... I bet if you had a choice to be given a gc8 and the new sti plus 30 grand to build it you too would pick the new sti.
    I've raced a stock STI GD with my 1994wrx from the dig. The results were even, I can imagine with an sti RA would walk away easily.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •