Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS4 Anyone?

User Info Menu

Default PS4 Anyone?

My wife bought me one last week and I was shocked to hear they're still in strong demand and short supply.

The sales guy at London Drugs says they haven't had a shipment since last December and I got 1/4 units they had left last month.

User Info Menu

I bought one (well two) at launch last year. There were people selling their places in line. And there were buyers!?! I ended up going because I had pre ordered one from Best Buy right at the end of the E3 conference, and they couldn't tell me when it was going to ship. I'm super impatient (when it comes to videogames) so I decided to wait in line. I was 102 in line that night. The cutoff was 145 units, and the line was about 200 deep. It was madness.

It's crazy that the demand is still really high, but it is.

User Info Menu

So theyre still really hard to get or can i just walk in and buy 1 now? I went with xbox one, bought 2 too.

User Info Menu

That's crazy EMAGDNIM what games do you have what are doing with 2 (frequent LAN parties?).

colin22, yeah I was surprised. How do you like your XBOX One and what are you doing with your two? I wanted a PS4 because my PS1, PS2 are working still but my XBOX 360 never worked right and died about a year ago......but it looks like XBOX ONE has better games so far or at least more of them.

Someone will probably smack me for this who can't find a PS4 but I'm kind of disappointed with the games. There's really not many and GT7 isn't going to be here for awhile, it seemed back in the days of PS2 and PS3 they released consoles with the best titles.

With that all said PS4 is cheap for what it is, you can't buy the hardware for the price of it and it's basically a dedicated mid-end gaming PC. I just wish Sony would port their OS to their phones and even the PC and give iOS and Android a good run for it.

User Info Menu

Nah, I just couldn't bare not having the system on launch. I ended up selling the second one when it arrived in the mail, two days later.

Oh and I also have a Xbox One (bought it at launch).

User Info Menu

You're too hardcore EMAGDNIM, I don't know how you have time for gaming with a child too. I barely have time for my work schedule and raising my daughter as it is..
    Which do you like better the ONE or PS4?

User Info Menu

I feel the same way that theres not many games but i think thats just how it is when you buy at launch. But im excited for watch dogs, it comes out at the end of this month i think. I bought the 2nd one for a family member.

User Info Menu

The games shortage has me waiting to pick up a console right now, especially considering how strong PC gaming is at the moment. However, when Destiny and a new Gran Turismo comes out...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    You're too hardcore EMAGDNIM, I don't know how you have time for gaming with a child too. I barely have time for my work schedule and raising my daughter as it is..
    Which do you like better the ONE or PS4?
    HAHA Oh I don't get to game as much as I used to. I have to pick and choose my gaming sessions. Usually it's after my wife goes to bed, I can get a few hours. That being said, I don't game every day...

As for which system I prefer? I like to game on the PS4 more. I prefer the controller, and the games look better on the system. If it's on both, I usually buy the PS4 version....

...except when it's MGS related...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by colin22 View Post
    I feel the same way that theres not many games but i think thats just how it is when you buy at launch. But im excited for watch dogs, it comes out at the end of this month i think. I bought the 2nd one for a family member.
    That's true I just wish of the few games that they had some really good exclusives like they had for all the previous consoles. I think they really rushed the hardware out of the door as part of the console wars.

Quote Originally Posted by UrbKlr View Post
    The games shortage has me waiting to pick up a console right now, especially considering how strong PC gaming is at the moment. However, when Destiny and a new Gran Turismo comes out...
    I was the same way, I am enjoying the few games I have on the PS4 but really wished GT7 was available at launch or at least by now...but it looks like we'll be looking at 2015 and maybe a Prologue version a bit sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by EMAGDNIM View Post
    HAHA Oh I don't get to game as much as I used to. I have to pick and choose my gaming sessions. Usually it's after my wife goes to bed, I can get a few hours. That being said, I don't game every day...

As for which system I prefer? I like to game on the PS4 more. I prefer the controller, and the games look better on the system. If it's on both, I usually buy the PS4 version....

...except when it's MGS related...
    I've hardly gamed at all for awhile but just take 30 minutes during my day if I can as it's the only way I stop working lol. I bought PS4 because I thought it was the better system and I feel like it's less virus prone compared to Microsoft.