Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: V5 STI Brake info?

User Info Menu

looking for new rear rotors for my Version 6 sti. not knowing anything at the time I had an extra set of DBA 02 wrx rear rotors and it fits with the e-brake and caliper. the problem I eventually ran into is after about 1/2 my brake pad life the outer brake pad falls out of the caliper. I got lucky when this happened and was only in 1st gear when it fell out and I ran into the problem.

from what I see the rotor is to thin which is a stock 10mm and correct me if im wrong the stock JDM STI rear sliding caliper rotors are 18mm or 20mm think which would be the reason my brake pads fell out.

is there a usdm 5x100 Subaru that's the same size for e-brake & sliding caliper size?

User Info Menu

If they were a snug fit when new I wouldn't think this is the problem. If this happened after first installing I would be more suspect. There is a thread here I'll try to dig up which I think has some more info.

User Info Menu

there is still a gap and I never said the fit snug but I found a fix. for anyone wanting to replace their rear jdm rotors if you buy them on ebay.com.uk and ask if they are 18mm then those should be the right rotors im ordering a set for mine and will post the differences and if they fit or not.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    If they were a snug fit when new I wouldn't think this is the problem. If this happened after first installing I would be more suspect. There is a thread here I'll try to dig up which I think has some more info.