Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V5 STI Brake info?

User Info Menu

Default V5 STI Brake info?

Hey guys, im in desperate need of some rear rotors for my type RA. I have the 4 pot 2 pot setup. For the fronts I used 06 WRX rotors & 300zx pads but I cant seem to find rear rotors that will fit. The 06 WRX ones are extremely close but the drum for the brake shoes are just too small. Has anyone had to swap rotors on their V5 STI RA? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

User Info Menu

AFAIK your only option is the DBA Gravel rotor. It's made for rally STi's that run the 4/2 pot set up so they can run smaller wheels.

The lack of choice of rear rotor is a concern to me as well, so I'm actually considering converting to Brembos since they're plug and play.
    Last edited by V5STi_typeR; 07-16-2014 at 04:30 PM.

User Info Menu

Have you decided what to do about the rear brakes yet? I might have to do it next year.

User Info Menu

So I looked up a bit on Google and it seems a few people have tried using the 2006 WRX rear rotors with success. I'm not entirely sure so verify. So far, I'm seeing it is from the WRX that is not an STi, however, if this is wrong, please post so no one can make a drastic mistake.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kuma View Post
    So I looked up a bit on Google and it seems a few people have tried using the 2006 WRX rear rotors with success. I'm not entirely sure so verify. So far, I'm seeing it is from the WRX that is not an STi, however, if this is wrong, please post so no one can make a drastic mistake.
    OP already said WRX has different parking brake size, hence doesn't fit. Non type-R/RA might be able to use the WRX rotor because I remember they also use the smaller parking brake.

User Info Menu

Well I cant speak for a standard STI or WRX, but in my case as V5STI already mentioned, the standard 2006 rear rotors will not fit my Type RA, you would have to get a DBA 2004 WRX gravel rotor which is what V5STI also mentioned. They are not to hard to find but are quite pricey. I would assume this goes for most non Brembo 2 pot rear caliper setups. If im not mistaken they started on the V4 Type R / RA up until the V6.. What I ended up doing was installing some new pads on the back and went with stoptech drilled rotors mated to stoptech pads up front.

My Rotors:

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Stop...-2002-2008-WRX

My Pads:
    http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Stop...ont-Brake-Pads

And just incase, here are the rear rotors:
    http://www.rallysportdirect.com/DBA-...or-Single-Rear

More info on the DBA Rear rotors:

http://www.fastwrx.com/collections/b...4-2007-wrx-sti

Hope this info helps

User Info Menu

Is my V5 non ra sti still a 4/2 pot set up? or is it single rear sliding.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Beans33 View Post
    Is my V5 non ra sti still a 4/2 pot set up? or is it single rear sliding.
    I think the non ra sti are 4/1. At least that's what it looks like on my v5. Can anyone confirm for sure that it is 4/1 for non ra v5 sti's?

User Info Menu

If you wanted a slightly cheaper option you could also go with KNS gravel rotors as well. They are made by DBA but are blank and not slotted. If anyone has a GC8 with an R180 diff and 2 pots in the rear, gravel rotors are the only replacement option which does suck. I need new rotors and they are currently back ordered two months...

Edit: just saw that one of the links above had the KNS rotors listed
    Last edited by N3UBIE; 04-09-2015 at 10:10 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tixop View Post
    I think the non ra sti are 4/1. At least that's what it looks like on my v5. Can anyone confirm for sure that it is 4/1 for non ra v5 sti's?
    Im almost certain its a single pot sliding.. Would be quite obvious by just looking at them, as the 2 pot caliper is quite larger..