Thread: DOT/E-code headlights

User Info Menu

Default DOT/E-code headlights

Hi, I was wondering if someone can explain what E-Code type headlights is and how to recognize if your headlight unit falls under this category. I already googled it but i still don't understand

User Info Menu

It's fairly easy, you will literally see "E"-somenumber marked on the headlamp.
    E-Code headlights are considered DOT equivalent and will pass. Make sure the shop understands this before going there, but a shop who knows JDMs should already know.

User Info Menu

is there something offical that I can print off before going for my safety?

User Info Menu

hmm I can't find DOT and E-Code labels on my headlights (S15).... does anyone know a solution to this?

User Info Menu

I think someone had a thread before about headlights for an S15, but I can't find it. I think the phrase "S15" is too short for searches

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by YvR WC View Post
    hmm I can't find DOT and E-Code labels on my headlights (S15).... does anyone know a solution to this?
    Look's like your going to have to fab up anouther light that fits and dot approved .

ie. prelude headlights on a r32 skyline fit and are dot approved but not as nice as the orginal.

User Info Menu

If you are in Alberta, I talked to the mechanic expert for Alberta Transportation and he said DOT / E marked headlights are considered pass. Also, tires do not need to have the DOT stamp on them, they just need to have the load ratings. If you have a problem with the shop accepting these, tell them to call the Minister because some shops still use the old guidelines which have been thrown out already.

User Info Menu

Here in Nova Scotia when i had my S15 inspected they didnt care about my dot rating on anything. Didnt even check. It came with brand new bridgestones so when i came to the headlights they didnt even bother checking
    HFX_S15
    Nissan Silvia S15 Spec S Auto

User Info Menu

I just recently purchased a 2000 Delica Space Gear from Japan. I was curious if there were any updates in regards to these issues and OOP's? Any help would be awesome!