Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Mitch's 99 Forester S/tb Type A

User Info Menu

Haha, yeah, it's a hell of a lot of work and surprisingly easy to mess up, but it does look good when it's all said and done. The only things I have left to do are the rear quarters, which not surprisingly didn't get done once the weather started to cool off. Come spring though I'm going to throw it in the garage so I can finish all of what I wanted to do with it including a simple brake upgrade. The factory forester brakes are a bit soft and I've had enough of them.

As for advice on the wrap, I found that the whole "tack the 4 corners down first" method wasn't quite right for me. I went for more of a top to bottom method while slowly peeling away the backing. It worked really well for the hatch too which has a bulge that made it surprisingly difficult.

Because it's just not an STI without a slightly ridiculous wing on the back

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse_5 View Post
    Haha, yeah, it's a hell of a lot of work and surprisingly easy to mess up, but it does look good when it's all said and done. The only things I have left to do are the rear quarters, which not surprisingly didn't get done once the weather started to cool off. Come spring though I'm going to throw it in the garage so I can finish all of what I wanted to do with it including a simple brake upgrade. The factory forester brakes are a bit soft and I've had enough of them.

As for advice on the wrap, I found that the whole "tack the 4 corners down first" method wasn't quite right for me. I went for more of a top to bottom method while slowly peeling away the backing. It worked really well for the hatch too which has a bulge that made it surprisingly difficult.
    Frig is it ever!

I thought for sure you had yours all done, I was hoping to see a completed picture for reference lol. I only have hood and fenders done on the Integra. Tackling the quarter panel right now..(snow day)

Did you use the primer on the edges?
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

User Info Menu

I actually don't have any primer on the panels, I was just sure to clean everything very well before I started and wrapped everything clean around the edge. I really tried to get everything stretched correctly so there is no pressure on the edges.

Because it's just not an STI without a slightly ridiculous wing on the back

User Info Menu

Good idea. I only used it on some corners, mostly the hood.
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

User Info Menu

Are you sure it has AVCS ?