Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitch's 99 Forester S/tb Type A

User Info Menu

Default Mitch's 99 Forester S/tb Type A

Hello everyone. One or two of you may already know through other forums that I've just recently bought my second import. It's a 99 Forester Type A and I've bought it through William at JDM Connection. The buying process was as easy as everyone I've talked to said it was. Just tell him what you want and how much you want to spend and he takes it from there.

On to the car though. It's a hard to find 5 speed (probably 1/10 were manual) with 120km on it. A little high for japan, but I'm sure it will run just fine. It's got an EJ205 and is putting down about 250hp, but this is japan after all so maybe it was pushing out a little more than that. The auction sheet also states that it has a cat-back, and the pictures show what looks like a turbo timer and an aftermarket deck that's about 10 years old. Still has a cassette player. They Type A foresters were the top model of forester before the STI came out in 2000. The biggest difference was the body factory body kit and apparently a few other features inside as well. Performance was supposed to be the same as the S/tb, but I'll be taking care of performance when it gets here so I'm not that concerned.

The car should be arriving around mid September. It hasn't shipped out yet, but it should be leaving japan very soon.

Because it's just not an STI without a slightly ridiculous wing on the back

User Info Menu

Congrats! It looks like a very clean example and the factory kit is perfect especially the front lip (it's hard to find those if you don't get a car with one). The engine bay looks very clean too.

The JDM EJ205 is very nice and I believe it has AVCS too.
    It definitely won't feel slow and may remind you of WRX a bit. I wish my BH5 Legacy had this engine or at least a single turbo like you.

Does this EJ205 use something other than a TD04 that the previous EJ20G had?

User Info Menu

Thanks, I haven't read much on the specifics of the engine because it's a bit hard to find specs that aren't written in crazy japan letters.

I've only found one source that said that the turbo is still a TD04 like the WRX wagon and as far as I know, it does have avcs. I'll update that as soon as I get to fish around in the engine bay.

User Info Menu

Found a new set of wheels today on kijiji. Their not quite local to me but I've got a friend of mine hanging on to them so I might be a few days before I have them in my possession, but that doesn't matter much right now as I don't even have my car yet, lol.

The wheels are Konig Feather, 17x7.5 +45 and so far I'm thinking I'll be putting on 235/50/17 DZ102 tires. I just want a good high wearing summer as this will be my DD and I can't go through a set of tires every two years.

Now for a picture of the new wheels. I would have preferred gold, but you can't win them all.

User Info Menu

Nice whip, as soon as the soccer bus we have die's or has a unforeseen accident a forester is the next import.

User Info Menu

I think the silver rims will complement the white better then gold. You can never go wrong with silver it matches everything.

Are you picking up the car in Halifax come Sept? I bet your pumped. It's always so fun to pick up a new import
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

User Info Menu

Car will be arriving on the 8th of September. Or at least that's the date that I was told. I'll probably take a few days off work so I can get everything all sorted out, and you can bet there will be plenty of pictures.

I'm going to try and bring some life into the forester sub forum over here.

User Info Menu

Nice car, i want to see it with the rims installed. what do you have planned for the performance?

User Info Menu

I don't really have much planned for performance with this one as it will be my DD and it will have to be wife, dog, and one day, family friendly. Seeing as the foresters of this era already had 250hp, I won't exactly be wanting for power. It's more than enough for a DD, and I was only expecting it to have 220 like the North American WRX's with the same engine.

The mods that I have planned in my head so far are the already purchased tires and wheels to help with grip and get rid of a little sidewall slop, a lot of sound deadening to make it a nice comfy quiet cruiser. WRX GR2 struts and WRX swift wagon springs. And depending on how well that balances out the ride, I might get some sway bars to tune up the handling a bit. Plus some little things like a Kartboy SS and bushing set, a new audio deck with AUX capability. Might do some vinyl overlays and alcantara on the dash to make it look all pretty.

I'll be updating with pictures as soon as I get any of that list in my posession. Right now It's all scattered accros the maritimes and a little is sitting in Maine waiting for me to pick it up.
    Hopefully it will be an interesting build to follow.

User Info Menu

Not many pictures yet, but I officially have my car now and so far I'm fairly happy with it. It's a bit floppy with it's old wagon suspension and its tiny sway bars but I hope to get it all tightened up in spring. Something like 20mm or so. No need to go too stiff of a setup as this is going to be my DD.

The dock didn't have a lot of cars there, but it was still a nice little presentation waiting.