Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuma's WRX Type RA WRC LTD

User Info Menu

Default Kuma's WRX Type RA WRC LTD

First off, vehicle hasn't landed in Canada yet. Currently in Japan in Mark's storage (highly convenient!), and cannot be legally imported until November 2014.

A bit of history. I first started off in JDMVIP looking to import my very own R33 GT-R, however, that was looking to be quite expensive and since school has taken most of my money, I had to look for a cheaper alternative without compromising on quality / performance. After a few months of annoying Mark, he contacted me with an amazing looking car. After looking through the photos, I liked the car more and more until I caved in and decided to reserve it and buy it.

Mark's overall attitude and service is nothing short of amazing. He was very professional and nice throughout the ordeal. At points, I would evaluate my responses to him and I would think to myself that I would have been really mad if I were Mark. But, in the end, Mark never got mad and I am thankful for that.

So onto the car, as stated before, the car is still in Japan so I haven't been able to do any tinkering like many of you have had the chance to (Jealous of you guys).

Manufacture Date: 1999/11 (MY00)
    Model: WRX Type RA WRC LTD #14 / 1000
    Mileage: 99000 KMs
    Grade: 4.0

Pictures:

Some bits I like:

When it lands, I think I'm just going to be driving it 99% stock unless there is something I need to change. First things I want to do is relay the headlights to pass OOP / OPI, and do engine oil change. Maybe even diff fluids. If necessary, tires and brake pads. I honestly don't know what to do other than that so if anyone has any idea, please post what you think I should do.

What I plan to do for the car:
    I bought this car for a daily driver. I may change the suspensions depending on how I like the feel of it, however, I do not want to do any modifications really. I'd like to keep the car stock as much as possible. Since I don't want to race in it, I think 279HP is fine. In the future, I may end up getting an OEM 74F (color) V5/V6 STi wing, but I don't want it to be looking too riced out so I will check up on that. I did see someone say on here before: "If it doesn't have a ridiculous wing on it, it ain't an STi". I don't remember who said / had that, but props to you.

Anyway, if you guys want to see more pictures:
    http://imgur.com/a/7Z9rs#0

User Info Menu

I am a fan of keeping things stock (tasteful cosmetic upgrades and improvements to operation are exceptions) so IMO you're already on the right mindset.
    And Mark is awesome, glad you got a ride you like. Hope you enjoy it!

User Info Menu

Haha, yea. I think small things I want to change is the shift knob to something a bit heavier. I think the OEM Subaru ones are a bit too light, not sure of the exact Xg.

Kind of OT, but how is your EVO? Actually, I will post there so it'll be easier for each thread to stay on topic.

User Info Menu

Man you are very lucky Kuma, EJ207 Type RA WRX Ltd edition FTW.
    Any pics of the seats? I wonder if this Type RA differs from the non-RA aside from the short-gearing which you'll love I'm sure.

User Info Menu

Just bumping this since the time is coming closer and Kuma is getting everything ready for its arrival!

User Info Menu

Yup, it's officially legal to bring in to Canada now [or around 10 days ago] as it hit November 2014.

Currently contemplating whether to buy a V5 / V6 STi wing to complete the look because it just doesn't feel like an actual Subbie right now to me.

Also, JDMVIP, here are pictures of the seats [Driver side]:

There are passenger side pictures of the seats in the pictures below.
    Here is the link to the imgur album I made of the pictures Mark sent me:
    http://imgur.com/a/7Z9rs#0

User Info Menu

I would love to get a set of those seats, they are so nice. You have one beautiful car bud, enjoy it.
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

User Info Menu

Have fun Kuma, let me drive it once in a while.

User Info Menu

Haha, thanks guys.

Hopefully I see you guys' cars in a car meet one day, it will be fun to see what others got! Just too bad that most big meets are at the coasts of Canada and almost never in the middle.

User Info Menu

Oh man Kuma, for some reason I expected those to be the seats! They have got to be the best Impreza seats ever IMHO.

Or are they so great and special being blue and all....? I'd pay for your V5/6 wing if you'd give me those horrible blue seats (seriously I'd buy them off you but you'd be crazy to sell them).