Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Kuma's WRX Type RA WRC LTD

User Info Menu

Hey guys, I'll post some pictures when I head home for Christmas unless I'm really busy during the holiday season.

I just needed something more "urgent" to be answered. As some of you know, I installed a short shifter into my car almost immediately when I got my car. However, the "ball" of the short shifter popped out of the white cup it goes into. I've tried hammering it back into the cup like I did when I first installed it, but to no avail. I was wondering if there's a much easier way to do this or perhaps an easier way to hold it down into the cup.

User Info Menu

Hey Kuma looking forward to seeing your Impreza!

Can you post a pic of the shortshifter issue? All I can think of (and I'm not saying it's correct or a good idea) is that possibly heating it up may help things (first try a blow dryer and then a heat gun).

User Info Menu

So, this is the issue. Of course, when I do drive, the shifter is bolted onto the shifter linkage so it doesn't pull out completely. However, the ball of the short shifter should be housed snugly in the white cup you see. On newer WRX (I believe 05+ and 03+ Foresters), the shifter is held into the cup using a C-clip, but the GC8's had them forced into the cup. I've been trying for a long time to get it back into the cup, but I can't seem to do it. Any suggestions?

72Ra7pf.jpg

User Info Menu

Oh man that is nasty I can't imagine how it would come loose like that. All I can think is to use JBWeld until you can get a replacement. Do you happen to have your stock shifter still?

User Info Menu

The stock shifter won't go into the cup either. I'm going to try again when I have time. Currently preparing for final exams so technically I shouldn't have been trying to fix it during this time anyway.

I'll post some more update pictures of my car in the near future.

User Info Menu

Hey guys, when I start up my car in the cold, there's a very high-pitched squeal/squeak that happens until the voltage gauge gets up to 14V. I think it's just old worn out belts, but if you guys have any ideas, what do you think it is?

Also, I'm trying to shop for new replacement belts for my car. Any part numbers? I called a shop here in Calgary and they quoted me $800 for just the timing belt kit (just the part, not labor). Is that a fair price?