Thread: B-Pro Auto JDM Import Review

User Info Menu

Default B-Pro Auto JDM Import Review

B-Pro Auto Review

Background:
    I started looking into purchasing and importing a Japanese vehicle a few months ago; which started with me researching the myriad vehicles available for importation into Canada. Unsurprisingly, the Mitsubishi Evo's, Subaru STi's, and Nissan Skylines immediately caught my attention and did not cease to amaze. As the idea of importing became more and more of a realistic option, I decided that I would get a Mitsubishi Evo V.

From then on, I researched into different methods of importing, with the end goal of having the vehicle registered and insured in Alberta. I quickly narrowed down a list of exporters and importers that I believe are honest, trustworthy, friendly, and well worth the premium cost. One of which is Brian from B-Pro Auto...

I started my communications with Brian a couple months ago which regarded a Mitsubishi Evo VI, which was then written off my list of possible vehicles due to my strict aesthetic requirements. To my surprise, Brian e-mailed me regarding a black Mitsubishi Evolution V that he had just purchased from auctions. Within 24 hours, I had sent my deposit to reserve the vehicle. Within 3 days, I had sent the rest of the vehicle's cost + shipping into Canada.

As a prospective customer and now as a paid customer, Brian communicated to me with equal respect, friendliness, and professionalism. Within the next 2 weeks, my vehicle was sent via RO/RO and arrived into Canadian borders after 2 weeks. During that time, I contacted Brian numerous times for updates and questions... He did not only answer me in a timely manner but responded with more details than I had hoped for.

After my vehicle had arrived, I called Brian ~5 times to inform him of my then-current situations and also to ask him some questions that I had on the customs procedure. In the end, I had decided to pick up the vehicle at the port of Vancouver (Annacis Island Auto Terminal). Within 12 hours, everything was scheduled and I was set to pick it up. Within 48 hours, I had picked up the vehicle and had already drove it back home to Alberta.

Everything was done. Yet... Brian called me to ask me how the vehicle was, how I liked it, if I already got home, and if everything went according to plan. My first thought: This is unexpected. Most do not follow up after everything is done but Brian does; which is not only a reminder of how great of a service he provides but also shows me that he goes beyond the normal society-accepted expectancy of service.

Quality of Service (9/10):
    Mentioned in the background, Brian goes beyond the normal amount of service. He is a prime example of how to provide service to prospective and paying customers.

Quality of Communication (9/10):
    Brian communicates in an exceptional manner. He is professional, friendly, and honest with all his responses. At first, I was skeptical (being a first time importer and what-not) but all skepticism has been erased now that everything is set and done.

Quality of Vehicle (9/10):
    For such an old vehicle, it is in amazing shape. It runs and performs perfectly with just a tiny vibrating noise under the passenger-side seat. After closer inspection, it was just a bolt that was shaking a bit too much, which was an easy fix. Other than that, I cannot say that there was anything else wrong with the vehicle.

Convenience and ease of use (8/10):
    B-Pro Auto's service definitely makes importing a vehicle convenient, especially with the cost and availability of vehicles (within B-Pro Auto's lot and also the auctions). As can be inferred from the above reading, the ease of use by going through B-Pro Auto is unmatched. It was so easy to figure out which car to choose, when it would arrive, what method I would use to get it home, and how to get it registered and it all came down to using Brian's service.

Cost (10/10):
    Cheapest importer in Canada, mark ups are non-existent, and the cost of the car itself was so cheap that I would never have found such a great vehicle for a similar price with any other exporter, importer, or dealership (based in Canada).

-

Q&A:

Would I use B-Pro Auto again?
    Simply put, definitely.

Did I like my vehicle?
    Yes, and I still do.

Was it difficult or confusing to import a vehicle from Japan?
    No, definitely not with B-Pro Auto's help and advice.

Was it worth it?
    Yes, it definitely was. I am not only satisfied with the vehicle I got, I also know that I would never have found a similar vehicle (with a similar price) anywhere in Canada.

If you have a specific question regarding my experience with B-Pro Auto and its service, please post on the thread.
    Last edited by Shoxie; 08-29-2014 at 01:24 PM.

User Info Menu

This is a solid review! Thanks for taking the time to do so...

User Info Menu

Well detailed review. I am curious to know what it was like picking up the vehicle in Vancouver, coming from Alberta. I hear stories of there being no fuel in the tank(due to shipping regulations?), or dead batteries. I always wondered how someone from out of town/province would deal with that if they had flew in to pick it up. I am just assuming you flew in by the timelines, which may not be the case.

User Info Menu

There was a small amount of fuel left but you should get a jerrycan and fill it up (5 liters should do just fine). As for the batteries, we used a battery booster that the port had lent us.

I flew there and picked up the

User Info Menu

Hey Shoxie, I agree the review is well done especially because you mention the condition of the car and any issues even if they're minor so I appreciate this. What do you think about suggesting in our template that people include pics of their car? It's a great example for other reviews to follow and I think will help both Importers/Exporters and members!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoxie View Post
    There was a small amount of fuel left but you should get a jerrycan and fill it up (5 liters should do just fine). As for the batteries, we used a battery booster that the port had lent us.

I flew there and picked up the
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    Hey Shoxie, I agree the review is well done especially because you mention the condition of the car and any issues even if they're minor so I appreciate this. What do you think about suggesting in our template that people include pics of their car? It's a great example for other reviews to follow and I think will help both Importers/Exporters and members!
    I think that would be a great addition for all reviews; it would help readers by showing the minor damages and the overall condition of the car's exterior and interior. Of course, not all people are going to be able to get their hands on HQ pictures but even the stock auction ones should do just fine.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rjw View Post
    Well detailed review. I am curious to know what it was like picking up the vehicle in Vancouver, coming from Alberta. I hear stories of there being no fuel in the tank(due to shipping regulations?), or dead batteries. I always wondered how someone from out of town/province would deal with that if they had flew in to pick it up. I am just assuming you flew in by the timelines, which may not be the case.
    Sorry rjw and Shoxie I think it was mainly answered by him but just thought I'd say this. Cars always come in with basically 0 fuel (I've heard they are drained possibly not sure at all). Dead batteries are common if the car has been sitting with your Exporter for awhile or at port or it was sitting before being bought. Personally I've never needed to boost any of my cars but I read that many do.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoxie View Post
    I think that would be a great addition for all reviews; it would help readers by showing the minor damages and the overall condition of the car's exterior and interior. Of course, not all people are going to be able to get their hands on HQ pictures but even the stock auction ones should do just fine.
    Yeah I think it helps to see what people actually got and maybe auction pics + real life (sometimes things work better or worse once you get the car).

User Info Menu

B-Pro Auto Review (2 Years Down The Road)

Background: It has been exactly 2 years down the road since I first started my Evo 5 provided by Brian from B-Pro Auto and I thought I should get everyone up to date.

Thoughts:I have had a couple of problems (tie rod needing replacements, tires, axle completely ripping off the car and disconnecting, wheels, and alignment) but this is all due to normal wear and tear and I admit, quite a bit of it is attributed to my spirited driving.

Despite all the repairs and maintenance over the last 2 years and the thousands of dollars spent on it to run the way I want it to run, I do not regret my decision a single bit. I absolutely love my Evo 5 and it's all thanks to Brian for getting me such a prime example of the vehicle.

I have to also note that even though it's been a long time since I've purchased the vehicle from Brian, I still call him every now and then to ask him questions about parts that he can bring in for me or some recommendations for where I should go for some of the services I want and he is ALWAYS happy to help me out and never turns me away. The service is top notch and he's a pleasant guy to talk to.

Final words and Thanks:All in all, I'm very happy with my decision of choosing this car and choosing Brian as my importer. The car is great and never grows old (at least to my eyes) and Brian is even better with his quality import service.

Thank you for taking the time to read my review and I hope you all have a great time with your cars and wish you all luck if you are currently in the thoughts or process of importing one of your own!

Side Note(s):The transmission on Evos are killer (to the wallet) but it is 100% worth it! For those that are skeptical on whether they should import a vehicle or just buy one already imported or a domestic vehicle, the answer lies in which service provider you choose. As my brother (Kuma) and I have gone through different providers, we both have high praise for Brian @ B-Pro Auto AND Mark @ Brave Auto. Both of them will provide quality service and also find you high quality vehicles; I have no doubt in my mind with that! A quick reminder that Brian is an importer (he gets all the paperwork Japan and Canada-side done for you) whereas Mark is an exporter that gets the Japan side paperwork done but he can and will assist you if you have any questions or concerns about the paperwork that needs to be done on the Canadian side. If you have any questions regarding my or my brother's experiences, don't hesitate to PM me as I will try my best to answer your questions.

Last edited by Shoxie; 09-06-2016 at 08:22 PM.