Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: My EVO 4 Build thread.... it will be slow....

User Info Menu

Cool My EVO 4 Build thread.... it will be slow....

I figured I'd start a thread to document some mods I will be doing to my Evo 4. I have some parts on there way here from Japan. I am a sucker for high end mods so as money permits I will be working on the car. I have another non JDM car project on the go as well, so Ill have to split my time between the two cars I'm working on.

I had a chance to clean the car today and I figure Ill throw up some pics of what I'm doing as time permits. This is what I'm starting with:

User Info Menu

It is a very nice starting point. Mods so far are:

- Endless front brake set-up
    - 16" Advan wheels
    - Rays locking lugs
    - Ralley Art mud flaps
    - Ralley Art stainless cat-back
    - Unknown brand turbo-timer

I have a set of Work VS-XX 17" mesh wheels
    ARC intake box
    ARC Heat shield
    Beatrush short throw quick shifter

I will be doing more suspension, likely coil overs soon to accommodate the 17" wheels, as well I am thinking of doing a rear RS diff swap to eliminate the AYC.

Luckily I have a 3 car heated garage so this will not stop for the winter.

We will see how things unfold......

User Info Menu

Here is a quick pic of the mesh works Ill be going with.... sitting in my basement.
    The fit is going to be tight, so I'm waiting on coilovers to fit them up....

User Info Menu

Hey Slowboi, it looks great and I like how you plan to keep it and enjoy the car. I feel the Work's in silver will look awesome too.

User Info Menu

Looking forward to your updates, great platform to start with. I defiantly like those style Evo's. Did the ARC parts come on it right from Japan? ARC is by far my favorite brand lol, never could afford any parts tho
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

User Info Menu

Thanks for the compliment. No, none of the ARC stuff came on the car. I scoured yahoo japan auctions for it and got lucky. The intake box was only $100. Brand new it was listed at $600... ARC stuff is over priced new but I still like it.

User Info Menu

Oh wow that is a great deal! I have never shopped on Yahoo Japan. Yes there parts are very overpriced.
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

User Info Menu

Yeah all ARC stuff is very expensive (eg. for my WRX an ARC TMIC is like $2000 or something). You got very lucky Slowboi!

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I got some of my parts today from japan. Arc induction box, Arc titanium heat shield, and a Laile/beatrush short shifter.

I'm particularly excited about the short shifter. It eliminates all play produced by the stock set up having plastic parts and rubber. All the plastic is replaced with metal and all the rubber is replaced with polyurethane. Should be awesome.

I'll be installing this stuff over the winter.....