Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SF5 S/TB vs SF5 STI?

User Info Menu

I like both but....

Stb and STi are both 250hp from a TD04 in EJ205 form.

Personally I don't like the drug dealer body kit, the brakes are better but still shocking and we all change them for Brembos. This in turn makes the wheels redundant and we all upgrade to better OEM 17" wheels anyway

The springs are a nice factory difference but 16 year old shocks and springs really aren't worth keeping on a car you want to perform so again redundant for me and being replaced.

My advice is buy an Stb and use the change to bring it up to 2016 performance standards

If you really like STi clocks and stitching these are replaceable but for me not a deal breaker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    The 5 speed STi's are not legal until fall. They are usually 2-4K more expensive than an auto and very limited numbers of them manufactured in 2001-2002
    I was actually shopping for S/tb parts when I found this thread. I saw your comment and got so excited that I had to make an account. Lol.

I thought the wait time was 25 years?
    Does that mean I could import a 5MT S/tb to the US right now? I'd feel a lot better about that than I would with Plan A, at the moment, which ia to build my own from JDM clips and other goodies.
    I'm not new to the SF Foz, but I don't know the first thing about importing JDM cars to the US. So advice would be greatly appreciated.

User Info Menu

Default Canadian Imports

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    The 5 speed STi's are not legal until fall. They are usually 2-4K more expensive than an auto and very limited numbers of them manufactured in 2001-2002
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStigsIrishCousin View Post
    I was actually shopping for S/tb parts when I found this thread. I saw your comment and got so excited that I had to make an account. Lol.

I thought the wait time was 25 years?
    Does that mean I could import a 5MT S/tb to the US right now? I'd feel a lot better about that than I would with Plan A, at the moment, which ia to build my own from JDM clips and other goodies.
    I'm not new to the SF Foz, but I don't know the first thing about importing JDM cars to the US. So advice would be greatly appreciated.
    It's 15 years to import a Japanese car into Canada. I believe he is referring to importing a manual transmission Fozzy into Canada.