Thread: Hi guys, new here but need some advice

User Info Menu

Default Hi guys, new here but need some advice

hi, im new to the forum . I've been looking into importing a car for me into LA. However a lot of importers i spoke to are ridiculously priced. Could Anyone recommend a good importer?
    On another note, there is a UK based company but i cant tell whether they are trust worthy or not :/ they are called StrixAutos. Is there anyone who has used them? or know anyone who has used them? they say they can import R33's for about $25,000 + customs broker. I hope this isnt classed as advertising, i just wanted to know what people who have more experience and knowledge think. Thanks

User Info Menu

LA as in LA, California? Just from my cursory knowledge of importing to the States, I don't think you should be trying to import a Skyline into California unless you have lots of time, money, and patience. Laws regarding imports in the States aren't like what they are in Canada.

Personally I haven't heard of StrixAutos so I can't speak for them. Perhaps someone else can give you some advice on them.
    1998 Mitsubishi Evo 5 GSR

User Info Menu

I don't think you should try to import a R33 for only $25,000.

In California, they'd have to do so much work on the car to be able to register it... I can't see them being able to do this for a relatively low price. I think you should look into importing a different car.

User Info Menu

The October issue of super street magazine has an article about importing a skyline and registering it in California. I would take a look at that. Importing a car an getting it registered for the street are two different things. I wouldn't even try importing to the USA unless the car was 25 years or older.

User Info Menu

If you can't get a copy of the article online. Pm me your email and ill scan it for you. Like I said if I were living in Cali, I wouldn't even consider an r33. The only hope of doing a real registration in your state with all the regs you guys have would be getting an r32 (1989-90) and a bone stock one at that.

User Info Menu

Very helpful info, Slowboi could you upload the scan here?
    I also don't believe $25K could get you a legal R33 (can't remember if it's even exempt) on the road and we have some more details on what is exempt from the 25 year rule in the US forum I think.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Sorry that's not very good. I have it in pdf format but this site wont upload pdfs.