Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yahoo Japan Search Guide/Translations

User Info Menu

Default Yahoo Japan Search Guide/Translations

I thought this might be helpful but often times it's hard to search for terms on Yahoo Japan without knowing the right Kanji.

For example take the word "seat" (maybe you're looking for new car seats) and you use Google translate.
    Google Translate says "座席" and you'll search for it but it's not really the common way of describing it (you may find a few items but you're missing most of them).

What I do is work backwards and noticed when translating the titles that came up for "座席" that "シート" was the most common term used and is a direct translation to seat.

So the idea of this thread is to have it all ready to copy and paste to make searching Yahoo Japan for things like suspension, coils, fuel pumps etc.. easier for English speakers. I don't have time to build this list anymore but hope others will contribute:

Seat シート
    Coilovers 車高調 (thanks to Slowboi)
    テールランプ tail lamp (or rear tail light)
    left 左
    right 右
    headlight ヘッドライト
    Last edited by jdmvip; 07-15-2018 at 02:40 PM.

User Info Menu

This is a very good idea!
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

User Info Menu

This is a good idea. I'm on yahoo japan almost everyday.
    Another thing that's a good reminder for users is that japanese listings always use chassis and engine code. So in the case of the evo 4 you would want to search cn9a.

So therefore if you want evo 4 coilovers you would search "cn9a" and "車高調"
    So it's chassis code + thing to search.

User Info Menu

dont give the secrets away

User Info Menu

Hey guys I've updated the OP with Slowboi's coilover translation.
    This thread is kind of related and possibly helpful: http://forums.jdmvip.com/Yahoo_Japan...eedback-5508-t

I need to update that thread because I've dealt with more suppliers because of my Aristo issues lol. Between this and that thread I think it helps sort out the bad seeds on Yahoo Japan if more members like you guys contribute (I've heard bad stories about the used parts business there for years even more so than car Export scams).

User Info Menu

I would recommend getting an experienced, trusted exporter to deal with the picking of the part. For example, I looked up wings for my Subbie and even though I found some, I wasn't able to completely understand which one was a good buy and which one was a bad buy. Mark took up the job and found me an amazing looking wing and he was able to estimate a price for it.

User Info Menu

Yes this is another factor, I've always been lucky with my used parts (every seller has been honest and no surprises) but there are some parts it helps to have feedback from someone like Mark on. I've never heard of anyone but him going above and beyond to protect the customer from a bad purchase there.

I'll give you an example of an Aristo I was going to purchase from him. I asked him to buy me a WALD kit from a seller but Mark seemed to know the seller wasn't being honest and was right. They were selling a kit WALD doesn't make anymore so it was 99% likely it would be a very long wait after you pay etc...if they can even get it (can't remember what the case was anymore). When I bought a bodykit for Impreza with him he stopped me from going with a cheaper multi-piece model because they can be a pain to assemble and install etc...

User Info Menu

I have never actually bought anything from Yahoo Japan, I was always sketched out about doing so. Hopefully in the near future I can feel more confident about it.
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

User Info Menu

Soarer = ソアラ

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JZZ30_driver View Post
    Soarer = ソアラ
    Best post ever!

I love when these guys are, "I just got a Soarer"... I'm always like, "you mean a Soara?...." and they think I'm talking about a shitty Toyota Sedan -- Solara.