Thread: S2000 Hardtop Question

User Info Menu

Default S2000 Hardtop Question

I recently purchased a Honda s2000 over the summer (been wanting one of these for years) unfortunately is isnt a rhd...I tried to get one from Japan through Sastrad kk, but I ended up finding a good deal on a local one that I couldn't pass up.

Anyways my question is, does anybody know where to purchase a hardtop? I know these are discontinued from what I have search but I figured there might be some more kicking around.

I am also willing to get one imported from Japan. I have seen a couple come up on Honda-Tech but people are asking ridiculous amounts of cash for these things.

Anyways, any help would be much appreciated!!!!

OEM hardtop with hardware

P.S I never did a build thread but if ppl are interested I can defiantly start one
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear it didn't work out with the JDM S2000 but at least you have one. I have no clue and think you may need to go the Yahoo Japan route. I recommend buying a car and shipping the hard top with the car and container to save on shipping (unless shipping is more reasonable but I'd think it would be expensive for a large and heavy item I'm assuming it is).

User Info Menu

Yes Yahoo Japan could be a option.

I do plan on bringing in another rhd come spring. CRV or Civic. I don't think they allow extra parts in the vehicles for shipment. I would probably have to go the container route like you suggested.. damn that might be way to pricy tho
    @cdmtyper

User Info Menu

craigslist is ur best friend.. i just bought one for my s2k 2 months ago

User Info Menu

Oh really? I never bought anything from Craigslist. I will have to check it out

What year is your s2k? stock modded?! I just bought mine this past July. I love Honda's.
    @cdmtyper

User Info Menu

Have you priced one through Honda?

These were very rare in Ireland and the UK so when they did pop up for sale they tended to go for big money

User Info Menu

They are discontinued
    @cdmtyper