Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bought a grinning idiot and joined the hot hatch club - Aaron's Mazdaspeed3

User Info Menu

I got 17" alloys from a Mazda 5/6 for the winter tires. Going to try to clean the rust off the control arm today while it is sunny.

Really not looking forward to Krowning this rig

User Info Menu

Aaaaand two weeks in until the first stone chip in the windshield...

The cruise control on this rig is not good.

Turns itself off under "certain conditions", of which I am not sure, but needless to say on the 4.5 hour drive on Saturday it was turning itself off every 10 minutes or so.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...=1#post5579254

User Info Menu

The rust control went well, in terms of where they put the holes in the body work. Really happy with the discrete placement.

Otherwise, two days later I started with a rough bouncy idle and 3 repeated engine codes (stuck open idle air control valve). I think some of the Krown was sucked into the intake and got on the MAF). Leveled out fast and hasn't happened since. Had the dealer update the PCM software to deal with the shitty cruise control issue, and had them check the codes while they were at it (my reader said one was permanent).

User Info Menu

Red and black look good together lol
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

Welcome to the speed family. I bought my '12 brand new Dec.'11 I love this car for a daily driver. Here is mine:

User Info Menu

Nice! Black roof looks good with the white. What have you done with yours so far?

User Info Menu

Thanks!

I don't really have anything done to it. As it's mine and my go's Daily Driver, we wanted something reliable and that could hold my puppy.

But this is what's done to it:
    Dipped the rims black
    Dipped all emblems
    Dry CF wrapped roof
    Full LED kit
    88 Duo JBR Dog Bone RMM

That's it for now. I want to do some little this this winter but nothing to crazy. Plus i'm still under warranty for another 4 years. But after that we'll buy another DD and then have some fun with this one.

Is yours stock right now?

User Info Menu

Yes mine is stock. The motor mounts is the only upgrade I'm considering at the moment (although a good deal on an intake or something can always persuade me!).

Have you had any issues with the stock alignment? I have been told it is far too aggressive and eats tires like nobodies business (read too much toe a lot), and the guy who sold me the car scanned and sent me his modified alignment specs but they're too faint to read.
    I've been looking for more but everything I find is for modified suspension.