Thread: OOP inspection in Winnipeg ?

User Info Menu

Default OOP inspection in Winnipeg ?

Can anyone recommend a good place to get OOP done in Winnipeg for a v3 WRX and is it any different than the Alberta OOP ?

Thanks!

User Info Menu

Hi sorry if this reply is late. I spoke with a friend that lives in Calgary now and she says that Alberta safety is more strict than Manitoba.

I had mine done at birchwood ford (1300 Regent Ave W Winnipeg, MB R2C 3A8) and my v4 gf8 sti passed. All I did was change to usdm lights and install DRL. My seatbelts were JIS and my corner lights had blue bulbs when it arrived and it passed.

User Info Menu

hey, i cant pm you.
    I bought two fuel filter for gtb so you can get one from me if you are local in edm
    gaskets were cut out form gasket material in my shop, you could also reuse old ones with some modifications (i didnt like that idea and had available material to do the job properly).
    it did improve my gas mileage from 11.8L/100km to 10L/100km.
    Good luck!
    Dressing-up the car with aero kits is the last mod that you should do. I always believe the look of the car should always match the speed.
    - Eiichiro Sawa

User Info Menu

I went to Accuracy Vital Auto and would recommend them. They seemed quite fair and the guy was very easy to deal with. All I had to get was DRLs and change my inner tie rods which were warn anyways, no other pointless mumbo jumbo.

And in Manitoba E-Coded lights are acceptable for a safety, don't let anyone tell you differently. If you have issues with your lights, as in someone says you need DOT not E-Coded, talk to MPI.
    1990 Celica All Trac- Sold
    1999 Mitsubishi Evolution VI GSR

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer with the back. Horsepower is how fast you hit it and torque is how far you take the wall"

Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows. (Walter Röhrl)

User Info Menu

MPI...ugh...i hate our autopac here

User Info Menu

Also I had mine done at AutoHahn on Inkster and Keewaitin for my RHD Bimmer...passed fine