Thread: Traction Control 99 bh5

User Info Menu

Default Traction Control 99 bh5

I am so frustrated... i can't get sideways for the life of me. Anyone know how to turn off the tc on the bh5's? Every time i get a tire to slip it beeps at me and cuts power...

User Info Menu

auto/man? standard or vdc? i didn't think bh/be5's had traction control.

User Info Menu

auto. I didn't think so either but it sure does. I think its vdc as it not only cuts power but it feels like its operating the brakes to straighten me out. Really takes the fun out of winter driving. I would really like a on off solution as the wife drives the car with the kids and its probably an asset for her to have vdc/tc and abs.

User Info Menu

its funny you say that, i find that my e tune is sliding too much with its LSD in the back and its a bit too much for me.
    Dressing-up the car with aero kits is the last mod that you should do. I always believe the look of the car should always match the speed.
    - Eiichiro Sawa

User Info Menu

I'm not sure about this one but there must be a way to disable VDC.
    Do you have a button for the VDC? If you do it can be partially disabled by holding it down for a few seconds I read but this may only have been for the STi and newer models.

User Info Menu

no button as far as i can see, winter is over now so its not such a big deal but i would still like to find out how to disable it. there is a vdc off light that shows up on the dash when you first turn the car on.. so there has to be a way.

User Info Menu

It's probably not the right way to turn the traction control off, but did you check if there is a traction controls fuse you could pull. At least you could pull it, have some fun then put it back in for your wife.