Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EVO VI Rad question

User Info Menu

I am glad you did not sell the RA as awesome as your friend's TME is. I have owned my RA for 7 years and never get bored and hope to keep it forever.

If you mean how many TMEs left I am no expert but don't think many at all let alone good examples.

User Info Menu

Please stop talking about TMEs, I can't afford to have 3 cars.

They show up on the auctions frequently but are usually R or RA rated cars, and usually not the fantastic livery.

User Info Menu

I put this Mishimoto Evo 4/5/6 rad in my VI. Built quality was perfect, all aluminum 1 piece radiator, tig welded, fits in perfectly, just had to cut a bit of my standard upper rad hose, and is freakin thick!!! Think it was $400 after shipping.

http://www.maperformance.com/mishimo...-manifold.html
    1990 Celica All Trac- Sold
    1999 Mitsubishi Evolution VI GSR

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer with the back. Horsepower is how fast you hit it and torque is how far you take the wall"

Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows. (Walter Röhrl)

User Info Menu

I used the stock fan shroud at first. It does fit, but if you have an aftermarket intake there could be an issue with that.
    Mine rubbed so I put the fan shroud on the ground and stomped on it a few times. There was over an inch of clearance between fan blades and rad so by bending the shroud in a bit I gained some space.
    Eventually I put a slim fan in which is much better.
    Myself I trust the aluminum better than plastic. If there is ever a leak, it's easier to weld aluminum than deal with cracked plastic or bonds between it and metal.

User Info Menu

Wow thanks for all the input guys, we ended up going with the Mishimoto after reading the thread about koyo not having a solid warranty. Ordered it from Rally Sport Direct..

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Mish...minum-Radiator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JDM SiR View Post
    Wow thanks for all the input guys, we ended up going with the Mishimoto after reading the thread about koyo not having a solid warranty. Ordered it from Rally Sport Direct..

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Mish...minum-Radiator
    That's a good price and trust me, you won't be disappointed! Mine fit in perfectly but to install it without hitting the turbo heat shield I had to kind of tilt it on it's side and slide it down and in. If you have any issues with the install feel free to pm me.
    1990 Celica All Trac- Sold
    1999 Mitsubishi Evolution VI GSR

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer with the back. Horsepower is how fast you hit it and torque is how far you take the wall"

Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows. (Walter Röhrl)