Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EVO VI Rad question

User Info Menu

Default EVO VI Rad question

Hey guys,

My good friend just picked up and EVO VI T.M.E from mark at brave auto and he seems to have a leaking rad (Where the Plastic meets the aluminium on top) and he was asking me for advice, as im not much of an Evo guy i thought i would get some help on the boards. Does anyone know if the EVO 4 Rad would fit? Also are there any rads someone could recommend? Mishimoto, Koyo? Lastly what would be the best website to purchase from. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers

User Info Menu

I bought my Mishimoto rad from Cooldirect because they are in Canada.
    Shipping was fast, no border delay or duty is much better.
    The rad for 4-5-6 is the same.
    http://www.cooldirect.ca/catalog/pro...oducts_id=4025

User Info Menu

Also mishimoto has a lifetime warranty even if you crash the car and pop the radiator you can get a new one.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steveo1115 View Post
    Also mishimoto has a lifetime warranty even if you crash the car and pop the radiator you can get a new one.
    This is one of the reasons I went with Mishimoto. There is another thread on this forum where someone spent the money on a Koyo and they basically didn't honour the warranty.

The Mishimoto in the Aristo still holding up ok Steve?

User Info Menu

Ya Ryan the mishimoto in the aristo's as great as the day I got it. The cars temp gauge has never been above Half way. Plus it looked so great I had to add a matching Mishimoto intercooler.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the input guys, I also recommended the mishimoto as they have one in stock on rallysportdirect thats on sale, but recently ive been reading that when compared to koyo, mishimoto has poor fitment aswell as poorer quality. I think i would probably still go for the mishimoto as it is about $100 cheaper.. i dunno its tough to say..

User Info Menu

Mishimoto is basically no questions asked replacement. Read this thread on Koyo if you haven't already:

http://forums.jdmvip.com/Koyo_Radiat...eedback-4422-t

User Info Menu

Thanks for the link ryan, He decided to go with the Mishimoto rad in the end.. Thanks for all the help guys, ill throw up some pics when he gets it to showcase the overall fitment as well as the fan shroud fitment just in case anyone runs into this issue as well.

User Info Menu

+1 meka always has good tech info on EVO
    RyanV makes a good point about Mishimoto they are much better than no-warranty Koyo
    Just FYI Mishimoto's have leaked on our members too but they honor the warranty no problem last time I heard. I would go non-aluminum if possible.

JDM SiR can your friend join and make a thread here if he hasn't already. The TME 6.5s are classical legends IMHO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    +1 meka always has good tech info on EVO
    RyanV makes a good point about Mishimoto they are much better than no-warranty Koyo
    Just FYI Mishimoto's have leaked on our members too but they honor the warranty no problem last time I heard. I would go non-aluminum if possible.

JDM SiR can your friend join and make a thread here if he hasn't already. The TME 6.5s are classical legends IMHO

Yea ill make sure he makes an account asap, I totally agree about the T.M.E's I was tempted to sell the RA and buy the red one that mark had for sale a couple weeks ago.. Im happy I didnt but for some reason i wonder how many of them are left??

Said Car: