Thread: Suzuki Jimnys

User Info Menu

Question Suzuki Jimnys

Hi, I am new here and am looking for some info on the Jimny. I have been thinking about buying one but just wanted to know if someone could answer a few questions for me. First, how much smaller are they than a Samurai and second do you know how much of the running gear is shared with the Samurai (brakes, suspension, tranny, tranfercase, differentials), I know the motor is different. Thanks for any help you can give me.

User Info Menu

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JIMNY

Welcome to the site..

there is some info now.. size.. Im nto sure sure about..

I think its similer to the Daihatsu Rocky.. (Im importing one right now its for sale)

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/cto/867007180.html

I will do some more research later for you..

Dah_Hunter

User Info Menu

Thanks for any help you can give me, seems to be hard to find any info on them for some reason.

User Info Menu

Hi Dirk

Welcome to the site. Have you picked Jimny over other Japanese SUVs for a a certain reason? If not I'd highly recommend looking at some more well known ones like Mitsubishi Pajero or Delica.

User Info Menu

The main reason I was looking at the Jimny was because of its size, I was looking at buying a side by side (Yamaha Rhino) and found a few adds for some minitrucks. I just came across the Jimny and thought it would be a better option, especially if it will accept the same mods as the Samurai, such as lift kits, lockers, gears and such. I don't plan on using it as my primary vehicle, mainly as a toy.

User Info Menu

buy my rocky..

LoL

anyways.. i havent seen a Jimny before.. but i opped to buy the Rocky as it was sold over here at one time..

User Info Menu

Hi Dirk,
    Jimmy is one of famous and long history 4x4 vehicle in japan... We can see it such locations here, "Deep snowing" or "Deep forest , mountains" area in japan, because Jimmy is the best performance 4x4 vehicles in here.. attack mountain, ride on off road, beach, any area, Jimmy could be the best 4x4.
    Most people who works around area "mountains", "Forest" called as rural area , people knows "jimmy" is better than Land cruiser.. small size, but better on off road..
    There are many kinds of Jimmy aftermarket parts in japan... many peoples who own it as "main car", or second car as "Toy".. I had own it 10years ago..
    Looks very small, Kei category car, but amazing performance on "Off road"..

I had owned a month ago, Mitsu Pajero V24model, Lug top, 3inch up , modified "Off road modified", but Normal Jimmy is performance better on off road....

I can recommend "Jimmy" as your toy...

User Info Menu

Thanks for your input, nice to hear from someone who has owned one of these before. I have been looking for aftermarket parts but not having much luck, kind of hoping the Samurai parts will fit.