Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: jdmvip's updated guide for RO/RO customs clearance & WWL

User Info Menu

Thanks ironstalin I'm just trying to do the update right do you mean the Request For Release form is no longer required or just the part with the credit card payment for the soil sample? Nice to know that Soil Sample is no longer an issue!

User Info Menu

Just join the group. Lots of info, except the form 1 example is a little small. Anybody have better copy.
    I've imported a couple of times but always used Al for the paperwork. Thought this time around I would try it myself.

thx in advance

User Info Menu

so my faxes aren't going through to either the old or new number...
    anyone have a solution?

In the email I got from WWL it said the sheet is still required, and had the new number (604-666-2719) on it

User Info Menu

Follow the example of your previous Form 1?

The example on the first page is the old form anyways. Do your best at customs and ask for help if needed. You can do it! ��
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuuu View Post
    Just join the group. Lots of info, except the form 1 example is a little small. Anybody have better copy.
    I've imported a couple of times but always used Al for the paperwork. Thought this time around I would try it myself.

thx in advance

User Info Menu

Advise WWL (Gloria) and be sure to mention which fax number you tried. My understanding of the new soil inspection procedure is they only bill if they inspect. Without all cars being inspected, how is WWL to know if the car is being held for inspection or if it's cleared?

Quote Originally Posted by okeN View Post
    so my faxes aren't going through to either the old or new number...
    anyone have a solution?

In the email I got from WWL it said the sheet is still required, and had the new number (604-666-2719) on it

User Info Menu

the customs guy said it isn't required anymore, and if you just come in they'll stamp it for you lol

User Info Menu

yep, guy just looked at it and stamped it. pretty sure customs doesn't need it anymore but WWL still wants to see the stamped soil paper before releasing your car.

User Info Menu

not sure if said yet but if BoL was surrendered in Japan, you do not need a steamship release from ACGI/NYK. WWL will send you an arrival notice; take that and the soil inspection paper and get it stamped by CBSA. after that, WWL will release your car after paying $125 in terminal fees CASH. I forgot cash and Bill@WWL was kind enough to let me e-transfer him.

User Info Menu

Hey guys thanks for the updated info. I will update the OP. So if I understand it correctly the soil sample no longer gets faxed or sent off at all you just have customs stamp it when clearing customs because WWL needs it?

User Info Menu

One more thing guys do you still need to pay for the soil sample or literally you just fill out the form and customs stamps it? Is it possible to still fax or e-mail and it back in advance or is it only done when clearing the car with customs? I just want to update the OP a little better so it is 100% clear.

Thanks guys!