Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
Results 261 to 269 of 269

Thread: jdmvip's updated guide for RO/RO customs clearance & WWL

  1. #261

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    One more thing guys do you still need to pay for the soil sample or literally you just fill out the form and customs stamps it? Is it possible to still fax or e-mail and it back in advance or is it only done when clearing the car with customs? I just want to update the OP a little better so it is 100% clear.

    Thanks guys!
    You do not need to pay for the soil sample inspection form. Just fill it out and bring it to Main St. CBSA when you are clearing customs and they will take 5 seconds to look at it and stamp it and that is that. Then when you pick up the car from WWL, they just sight it and I forgot if they keep a copy for themselves, but that's it. It's pretty much unnecessary now but it's still there as a formality.

    Regarding your second question, I do not know if you can fax it or email it prior, but I don't see what the point in that is as you need to go in to the office at a later date regardless and it doesn't delay the process!

  2. #262

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Cheng View Post
    You do not need to pay for the soil sample inspection form. Just fill it out and bring it to Main St. CBSA when you are clearing customs and they will take 5 seconds to look at it and stamp it and that is that. Then when you pick up the car from WWL, they just sight it and I forgot if they keep a copy for themselves, but that's it. It's pretty much unnecessary now but it's still there as a formality.

    Regarding your second question, I do not know if you can fax it or email it prior, but I don't see what the point in that is as you need to go in to the office at a later date regardless and it doesn't delay the process!
    Awesome thanks Jason I'm updating the OP a little more and will give you credit to the post. What car did you end up bringing in? I hope you can make a pic thread with info for us!

    Cheers

  3. #263

    User Info Menu

    Default

    This is also good news I'm not sure if anyone remembers but like 10 years ago Customs was not releasing vehicles and people had to pay hundreds or even a few thousand dollars to get it cleaned and released. We complained to customs and eventually they have been a lot more fair about the process since most vehicles come in extremely clean. There was also the other complaint we had where many people suspected cars were refused entry because of dirt and mud acquired from the Canada side (eg. when cars were parked at WWL on a wet and muddy lot).

  4. #264

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Has anyone ever released their car from customs, at a CBSA office other than the one in Vancover? I've called CBSA 3 times and had a different answer every time. And where do I tell NYK to send documents too? me? or CBSA? or WWL?

  5. #265

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I think it is just Vancouver but there was a time others did it. I recommend Vancouver though.

    Tell your Exporter to have the BOL surrendered in Japan and receive a copy for yourself.

  6. #266

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    I think it is just Vancouver but there was a time others did it. I recommend Vancouver though.

    Tell your Exporter to have the BOL surrendered in Japan and receive a copy for yourself.
    What does it mean to have it surrendered? They are DHL the original to me in the next day or so.

  7. #267

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    I think it is just Vancouver but there was a time others did it. I recommend Vancouver though.

    Tell your Exporter to have the BOL surrendered in Japan and receive a copy for yourself.
    I just called NYK, tried the number you had for Gabriela. Got some guy who promptly passed me off to another department, who after I mentioned I had a car inbound then passed me to Brenda! She was very understanding and helpful. She also assured me that I had been passed to the correct person. I provided her the BOL number that Beforward emailed me a copy of. She looked if up for me and told me that it was surrendered in Japan. Which meant that I no longer had to deal with her for anything. She will email the Annacis Island WWS(Wallenius Wilhelmsen Solutions) as she always does, and WWS will Issue me an arrival notice later. I do not have to go to NYK at all because the BOL was surrendered in Japan. I still don't fully understand what that means, but it makes things easy, so yay! I also asked about "steamship release", she informed me that is what she emails to WWS, for all the BOL's that were surrendered in Japan.

    I also asked about what notice she sends to customs, that might mean that I have to clear it in Vancouver. She told me that she sends a report of all the contents of the vessel that's inbound to the CBSA. And that she does send it specifically to the Vancouver office. She has to do it this way, so she can't send that notice to Calgary for me instead or anything. So I still am not sure if I have to clear customs in the Vancouver office. I will keep trying to figure that out, with the CBSA, and once the car is landed I will certainly try in the Calgary office. But at least I'm assured that I haven't missed the opportunity to have the documents sent to CBSA Calgary instead, as some of the info I found implied. I think that's only for if I was to have the vehicle shipped In Bond to Calgary.

    Mainly I want to know if I can clear it in Calgary, because if I can't it means staying over night in Vancouver, and having to be there Thursday instead of Friday. I realized this and already have planned on arriving Thursday morning. But I'm hoping to find out, because if it is possible, people need to know! It would make it so much simpler and cheaper if you could fly out and pick up your car the same day. Not to mention it would only be one day off work if you did it on a Friday. And I really hope to make this a regular thing, I've wanted to do this for sooo long I can't believe it's actually happening!

    Brenda said she's happy to help if I have more questions, and her direct line is 604-891-7371. She also confirmed my vessels ETA is Dec.6 I can't wait!

  8. #268

    User Info Menu

    Default

    My Car has landed!
    I got a notice from WWL on Annacis Island two days before the boat actually arrived, and they included an attachment with instructions on the next steps. Which was very nice and clear. I waited until I saw the ship had come and gone. Then contacted Karen at WWS, and asked her if I would be able to clear customs then pick up my car the next day, as I'm flying out there on the Thursday and only have the Friday before the weekend to get it. On the instructions they provided it said that they needed a minimum 48 hours to get authorization for you to get your vehicle. Apparently this is true in some cases if they have a ship arriving on the day you want to pick up your ride then you have to wait until the next day. Fortunately they don't have a ship coming on or around the day I'm coming. She said that if I call her right after I clear customs she would expedite things as much as she can for me. And possibly I could even get it on the Thursday. So it really pays to call Karen directly. She was so helpful and kept me from needlessly hiring a customs broker for $300+ to make sure I could pick it up by Friday. I can hardly wait to get it! Should be an adventure. I'm bringing my family with me ��

  9. #269

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jakeanna0 View Post
    My Car has landed!
    I got a notice from WWL on Annacis Island two days before the boat actually arrived, and they included an attachment with instructions on the next steps. Which was very nice and clear. I waited until I saw the ship had come and gone. Then contacted Karen at WWS, and asked her if I would be able to clear customs then pick up my car the next day, as I'm flying out there on the Thursday and only have the Friday before the weekend to get it. On the instructions they provided it said that they needed a minimum 48 hours to get authorization for you to get your vehicle. Apparently this is true in some cases if they have a ship arriving on the day you want to pick up your ride then you have to wait until the next day. Fortunately they don't have a ship coming on or around the day I'm coming. She said that if I call her right after I clear customs she would expedite things as much as she can for me. And possibly I could even get it on the Thursday. So it really pays to call Karen directly. She was so helpful and kept me from needlessly hiring a customs broker for $300+ to make sure I could pick it up by Friday. I can hardly wait to get it! Should be an adventure. I'm bringing my family with me ��
    Awesome glad it is working out for you and WWL is being so helpful.
    Can you make us a pic and info thread of your ride?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •