Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: jdmvip's updated guide for RO/RO customs clearance & WWL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stefanv View Post
    Very lucky!!
    The way it’s looking I’m going to have to hire a car as I’ve booked to stay at big white over/Christmas New Years and then onto golden for two weeks after that. So now I’m going to drive back to van on the 28th to pick up the car and then drive back to Kelowna >.<
    Sorry to hear that man. Hope it worked out for you? Maybe if you call Karen she can help you out somehow. But they might be closed for holiday hours too or something.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jakeanna0 View Post
    Sorry to hear that man. Hope it worked out for you? Maybe if you call Karen she can help you out somehow. But they might be closed for holiday hours too or something.
    I called Karen, explained my situation and she was so kind enough to help me out. Picked it up on Monday, drove it to the mechanics in Kelowna on the Tuesday without any issues thank goodness and then caught a taxi to big white! So itís currently at the mechanics getting the work done/inspected, highly recommend city auto Kelowna for anyone interested.

Will post a picture thread when I get a chance

User Info Menu

Hi guys, which port are you shipping to? The Japanese auction agent says the options are New Westminster or Vancouver. I'll be flying in to get the car in mid-August, any advice on which is better/more convenient?

User Info Menu

New Westminster, I have been told, is the only port used cars go to. So, not really a choice.

User Info Menu

What is the usual price difference between RORO and Container?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jakeanna0 View Post
    So it really pays to call Karen directly.
    My car is arriving Aug 22, and I'm at a bit of a loss about who to call. Are WWL and WWS the same thing? Also, what is the number for Karen?

This thread has been good reading but I have a couple questions. My exporter is sending the docs to me directly instead of surrendering, not sure if that is going to save me work or cause me more trouble. How long should I anticipate this process taking me? I have to fly in to Vancouver to sort out customs and pick up the car before driving it halfway across Canada, I'd like to be as efficient as possible in clearing customs and picking the car up.