Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: jdmvip's updated guide for RO/RO customs clearance & WWL

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quick update, just going through the process.

Gabriella is now reachable at 604-891-7448 and greer shipping is now ACGI shipping according to her. same address but suite 710.

Don

User Info Menu

thanks for the update..
    Best get your eporter to surrender the bill of lading then you dont have to bother talking or sending her anything..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dah_hunter View Post
    thanks for the update..
    Best get your eporter to surrender the bill of lading then you dont have to bother talking or sending her anything..
    How do you get your Exporter to surrender the BOL? Does this mean one copy automatically gets sent to ACGI and one gets sent to you still?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mtnflyer View Post
    Quick update, just going through the process.

Gabriella is now reachable at 604-891-7448 and greer shipping is now ACGI shipping according to her. same address but suite 710.

Don
    Thanks for the update Don and welcome to the forums. Did everything else go as mentioned here?

What vehicle did you bring in?

I'm going to update the original post with the info you added. Thanks for letting us know.

User Info Menu

Thank you for the welcome. My brother is bringing in a Delica and since I live out here i am doing the import for him. I hope to get a celica or landcruiser in the next year or so and maybe a motobike. I am just waiting on the soil report and was wondering if you can do the customs clearance and get the vehicle on the same day. The WWL paper work says they need 24hrs with the paperwork prior to pick up.
    Sorry about the hijack to the thread.
    Don

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    You need to get "Steamship Release" and this is done by sending your local agent an original of your BOL (Bill of Lading).
    I just have two questions. First of all, who is this "local agent"? Secondly, how do you send an original of your BOL? :S

Thanks

User Info Menu

This question is confusing since some people get the Bill Of Lading, and others don't.

If you got the original Bill of Lading, then you need to submit it to the person mentioned mentioned earlier in this post.

If you didn't receive the original, you don't have to do anything.

Did you receive the Bill of Lading? If so, is there a stamp on it that says "Surrendered". If so, then you have to do nothing.

Worst case scenario, you have a customs broker in Canada do everything for you for $250. Al at Courtney is good.
    http://www.courtney.bc.ca/

I hope this helps. PM me if you have questions.

User Info Menu

It is always best to get the BOL surrendered in Japan.

If you lose the original via courier, post or the dog eat it........ big problem.

Cheers

MB..

User Info Menu

Once your car arrives via roro, how long does it take for soil exam? (provided you already paid for it), And when you say wwl lets you know when you can pick it up, does that mean the soil exam has been done?