Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: jdmvip's updated guide for RO/RO customs clearance & WWL

User Info Menu

Hey man, I am new to the forum, having my car shipped soon to Vancouver. I am not local there, I live in Saskatchewan. However, I am willing to do clear customs myself. Can you share with me some information regarding the process you've experienced either here or PM me? I just have a couple of questions about the things I am not sure of.

User Info Menu

Well, I think I'll have an interesting data point to add to this thread fairly soon... I'll be importing from Australia, which means container by default, and I still want to do things by myself. Container poses a huge layer of complication, and for one car it's pretty expensive. Insurance is significantly more, too, some companies were only offering a minimum payment of 1500!
    The process works like so: one agent ships for you from the origin, and you pay them for loading, shipping, etc., but then at the destination you must pay Handling Fee for unloading and get the container to a bonded warehouse... Most brokers charge 300+ for this service, plus 620 drayage (moving to warehouse), and $250 for unloading. But I think I have found a solution, one company will do drayage and unloading for much less, and directly. I will post back the full rundown of the numbers once I'm done. Car still hasn't left down under... and the journey will be 37 days +!

User Info Menu

Hi all,

just received the arrival notice and pickup procedure from WWS.
    Pls see important changes below:
    All vehicles must be picked up by a towing company or car carrier.
    No pickup(s) by the public will be permitted.