Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: jdmvip's updated guide for RO/RO customs clearance & WWL

User Info Menu

Hey guys, I’m new here in the process of having my car shipped on RO/RO which is on its way to Canada as I type.
    I have a customs clearance related question on something that has me really stressed with this procedure.
    Upon picking the car up myself (I plan to clear it from customs) will I need an ORIGINAL copy of the ownership of the car? I have a photo copy of the ownership that the seller sent me during the purchase of the car.
    When the car was dropped off for shipping the driver planned to leave the ownership inside the car but was told he can’t.
    He recently mailed the ownership to me however I think it’s likely that it won’t arrive by the time the car arrives.
    As far as the rest of the paperwork goes I believe I have it in line but will not having the original ownership for the car stop CBSA from clearing and releasing it to me?

User Info Menu

Hey RAF,

I sent a reply in your other thread but I believe you mean the Export Certificate and you do need the original as it is considered the Title in order to transfer it to your name here. In other words you cannot really do anything unless and until you have receive it, so make sure your Export mails the original copy ASAP along with your BOL and invoices.