Thread: Steveo's LS400

User Info Menu

Default Steveo's LS400

So after getting rid of my rx7 project I wanted something to daily drive so I can take my single turbo manual swapped aristo of the road in the winters. So on another forum I'm on someone had this ls400 for sale. So I was able to convince the guy I had some stuff he wanted and I traded a 13b-rew engine for a ls400. It's got a lot of miles and a few issues I'll have to fix but it's a solid running car. I'm hoping to keep this car fairly stock but it never really works out that way.

User Info Menu

Wow forgot I had these lying around going to put them on.

User Info Menu

Replaced my stock ls400 headlights with some jdm celsior 1 piece headlights.

Other than that I replace the exhaust because it was in rough shape. I still need to replace the power steering rack, but I bought a cheap hub adapter to fit my personal wheel and replace the terribly worn out stock steering wheel.

User Info Menu

I replaced the worn out stock steering wheel with my nardi wheel. So much nicer to drive.

I feel dumb for just letting it sit around for the last 2 years

I'm loving driving this car around, I put a straight pipe on it and it sounds really mean. It's loud but not crazy loud.

User Info Menu

Looking good Steve, are you planning on getting a bodykit and larger rims? I think that would just complete the look.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    Looking good Steve, are you planning on getting a bodykit and larger rims? I think that would just complete the look.
    I plan on taking the weds off my aristo and replacing them with a set of te37's I have at home. When I do the weds are going on the ls400, I'm just using those rims because I had them sitting around with a almost brand new set of continental dws tires that I didn't want to just dry rot away.
    As for the body kit I'm really unsure as its still at the stock ride hight I'm hoping it looks good with just a lip and some lowering springs. plus I like being able to go the places my aristo was too low to go, so I don't think I want a bumper that's a lot lower.

On a side note I'm actually surprised how much I'm liking driving this around. it catches peoples attention some how. I've almost seen as many necks whipping around as when I was driving my aristo.

User Info Menu

The Wed's will look great on the LS. The Continental DWS is #1 on Tirerack.

I think it would look great with a kit and lowering springs. The color is very unique and it's a classy car so no surprise there. Yes, I hear you about a bumper that is too low (it can be very stressful when you are worried about scraping or breaking the bumper on any random imperfection).

User Info Menu

Sold this a few weeks ago, I've just been crazy busy with moving so I haven't been able to get online as much as I want.