Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Evo V owner from Winnipeg

User Info Menu

Default New Evo V owner from Winnipeg

Hello everyone!

Name is Jhay, from Winnipeg Manitoba Canada. Born in the Philippines but raised most my life in Canada.

I can't post links yet so my intro is kinda crappy...

But none the less just finally paid off my Evo V from Brian at B.pro last week. Now just waiting till he tells me its getting shipped off.

Waiting till I hit my post marker then I can finish off the proper intro.

User Info Menu

saved for space

User Info Menu

Good work man! Id love to see some pics of the car and welcome to the forum. There is a lot of info in the Evo section and some pretty savvy guys who check in once and a while. Have fun with the car!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slowboi View Post
    Good work man! Id love to see some pics of the car and welcome to the forum. There is a lot of info in the Evo section and some pretty savvy guys who check in once and a while. Have fun with the car!
    Thanks man...and damn I can't edit posts...would have wanted to fix the first post or put the rest of the intro on the 2nd..

anyways heres the rest

Honestly I was never into Mitusbishi's until I started working at my local Mitsubishi dealership as a sales consultant/salesman.

My first car was a 1991 Nissan 240sx that I converted to a Silvia

Then years later bought a Honda Ruckus and swapped out the motor to a 150cc and stretched it out.

I had recently owned 3 BMW's but gave one away to a charity for a tax receipt. Now I am left with 2.

A 2001 x5 4.4 v8 awd
    And a 1989 E34 525i RHD

Here's some pics of them

now the reason I'm here..

1998 Evo V GSR

Auction grade is 4(ext) and 4(int). KMS are a little high with 129,130 but I got them to run a compression test and it looked alright.

I was planning on going with a 4, but with the nightmares I was reading on crank walk. Decided to spend a bit more now, rather than spend alot more later.

Car is still in Japan. Signed the papers and 3/4 paid off...once it hits Vancouver in 2-2.5 months. Then get the clutch replaced, flywheel resurfaced and possibly get the brake pads changed.

Pretty much stock except some gauges, turbo timer, exhaust and driver side Recaro seat.

The waiting part, is the hardest part

User Info Menu

Welcome to the forum! Nice looking cars you got there.
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

User Info Menu

Thanks man, can't wait...
    Current rides;
    1989 BMW E34 525(rhd)
    2001 BMW X5 4.4 v8 AWD
    1998 Mitsubishi Evo V

Past rides;
    2008 Honda Ruckus/Gy6 swap stretched *sold*
    1989 BMW E34 535i *donated*
    1991 Nissan 240sx/Silvia swap *sold*
    1986 Nissan 200sx *donated*

User Info Menu

She's a real beauty - congrats!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by makinen View Post
    She's a real beauty - congrats!

Thanks.
    I can't wait to see it in person..

But still don't know what I want to do once Japanoid finishes work on it for the clutch and flywheel resurfacing..

1. Fly to BC and drive it back with my friend who is also driving back around the same time with his Jetta

2. Drive to BC with my coworker in his Ralliart and drive back together with my friend in the Jetta so a 3 vehicle convoy

3. Get it on a train and send it to Brian(B.PRO) in Calgary and get the AYC fluid changed, then drive there with my coworker in his Ralliart. Then drive back

4. Get it on a train all the way back to WPG and get a person who does work on RHD vehicles to do the AYC fluid change for me

All comes down to money for sure. To me I'm thinking number 3 would be the best idea. Plus get to enjoy the vehicle for highway driving. And I won't have to spend too much on fuel and feeding my coworker. Plus taking time off work...everyday counts since I work at a Mitsubishi dealership as a salesman
    Plus adding more KMS on the odometer..and the thought if something breaks down on the trip back home
    Current rides;
    1989 BMW E34 525(rhd)
    2001 BMW X5 4.4 v8 AWD
    1998 Mitsubishi Evo V

Past rides;

User Info Menu

Welcome dude, excellent choice on the vehicle and I've heard nothing but good things about Brave Auto!
    1990 Celica All Trac- Sold
    1999 Mitsubishi Evolution VI GSR

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer with the back. Horsepower is how fast you hit it and torque is how far you take the wall"

Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows. (Walter Röhrl)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ironchief View Post
    Welcome dude, excellent choice on the vehicle and I've heard nothing but good things about Brave Auto!
    Thanks. But I actually went through B.PRO
    Current rides;
    1989 BMW E34 525(rhd)
    2001 BMW X5 4.4 v8 AWD
    1998 Mitsubishi Evo V

Past rides;