Thread: JDM vs USDM Honda CRV Differences

User Info Menu

Default JDM vs USDM Honda CRV Differences

As per the title, does anyone know the differences between the 1997-2001 JDM and USDM Honda CRV models if any? Obviously other than the steering wheel being on the other side.

Thx
    -Stephan
    Last edited by Ironchief; 04-06-2015 at 08:06 PM.
    1990 Celica All Trac- Sold
    1999 Mitsubishi Evolution VI GSR

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer with the back. Horsepower is how fast you hit it and torque is how far you take the wall"

Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows. (Walter Röhrl)

User Info Menu

Mostly all cosmetic changes for the JDM models. It is still the same engine 95-98 is low compression 99 and up is high compression b20.

Fullmark model has no spare tire on the back and most fullmark come with lip kit

Some other models have the rare swivel passenger seat, navigation, rain visors, rear mirror, larger rear wing, front mirror on hood, push bars etc.. They have a lot cooler stuff then here
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

User Info Menu

How about the transmissions and gear ratio, are they the same as USDM? I know for Toyota sometimes JDM vs USDM the ratios are different.

User Info Menu

As far as I know they are the same. I have been looking into importing one as well and I didn't see anything about transmission changes.
    @cdmtyper

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhdgc8 View Post
    Mostly all cosmetic changes for the JDM models. It is still the same engine 95-98 is low compression 99 and up is high compression b20.

Fullmark model has no spare tire on the back and most fullmark come with lip kit

Some other models have the rare swivel passenger seat, navigation, rain visors, rear mirror, larger rear wing, front mirror on hood, push bars etc.. They have a lot cooler stuff then here
    K cool man, I'm mostly concerned that USDM parts will strap right in. They're good vehicles though, would be a sweet buy.
    1990 Celica All Trac- Sold
    1999 Mitsubishi Evolution VI GSR

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer with the back. Horsepower is how fast you hit it and torque is how far you take the wall"

Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows. (Walter Röhrl)

User Info Menu

Yeah they are defiantly great. I have a 97 but the rust and high kms has taken over.. I really want to import one.
    @cdmtyper

User Info Menu

I think engine and transmissions are both same.