Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2000 Toyota Celsior UCF31 jdmvip's & Lazina's

User Info Menu

im just going to have my exhaust custom made. Grab a couple of mufflers off ebay, and run a 2.5" system with an X pipe and a couple of mufflers (not sure if I will use my cherry bombs, or get some flowmasters), and go right from the headers back.

I got Mark to buy me a datasystems air ride controller to come with the car, and it already runs on some nice Carlsson 19s. Shame they arent deeper offset wheels, but once the car gets a little altitude adjustment, they should look better.

User Info Menu

I was considering the same but really want a guarantee on the sound to be sporty but refined still. I am curious to know if an exhaust will gain much with these cars being NA for me and the wife it is about sound. TOMS exhaust on our Aristo is fantastic

User Info Menu

You will always get some mild gains from opening up the flow of an exhaust system on any motor. That said, the difference between the actual power and potential power on an NA vs turbo motor is quite different. The NA motor has less to gain (lower actual vs potential power).

Realistically, did any of us buy a celsior for it's performance? I doubt it. The best thing is, the 3uzfe motor will sound awesome with a decent set of mufflers (flowmasters, etc) on a 2.5" exhaust. Personally, as much as I love the sound of a 2jz, nothing sounds as good as a v8 with a good exhaust.

User Info Menu

I just recently purchased my first JDM through Brave Auto as well 98 Mk2 V300 Aristo. Just waiting for a shipping date. Maybe our cars will be in the same container.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SPUd View Post
    You will always get some mild gains from opening up the flow of an exhaust system on any motor. That said, the difference between the actual power and potential power on an NA vs turbo motor is quite different. The NA motor has less to gain (lower actual vs potential power).

Realistically, did any of us buy a celsior for it's performance? I doubt it. The best thing is, the 3uzfe motor will sound awesome with a decent set of mufflers (flowmasters, etc) on a 2.5" exhaust. Personally, as much as I love the sound of a 2jz, nothing sounds as good as a v8 with a good exhaust.
    True, in my case with just a muffler I would be doubtful but happy for even a few CHP lol. You are right it's not about performance with these luxury cruisers but I do wish the 0-100 could be the newer 5.9s vs 6.3s but realistically with how I drive I don't think it matters especially with the family.

I have heard these V8 UZ engines sound great with an exhaust. I'm really hoping the Fujitsubo hits the right note between aggressive, sporty but not too loud or too quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by 98aristo View Post
    I just recently purchased my first JDM through Brave Auto as well 98 Mk2 V300 Aristo. Just waiting for a shipping date. Maybe our cars will be in the same container.
    Welcome to the forums and congrats on the Aristo. They are fantastic cars.
    My car is now landing on November 15th by container how about yours?

User Info Menu

Mine is landing the same day! Looks like we will be sharing a container.

User Info Menu

Brave Autos have a nice one for sale at the moment which has me thinking!!

User Info Menu

Wow looks really nice... wish it was a CF model tho

User Info Menu

I bought the dark blue CF spec they have listed there. It's landing on the 21st of October. So that's next week I guess. Can't wait.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SPUd View Post
    I bought the dark blue CF spec they have listed there. It's landing on the 21st of October. So that's next week I guess. Can't wait.
    Nice car!!

Would you mind dropping me a message with the total cost cleared of customs? I'm trying to figure out what the total cost would be for the one they have for sale at the moment.