Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2000 Toyota Celsior UCF31 jdmvip's & Lazina's

User Info Menu

Default 2000 Toyota Celsior UCF31 jdmvip's & Lazina's

Sorry I have been too busy to post but we're pumped about this car and just trying to plan for it and figure out what to do with it (eg. exhaust, coilovers, new rims etc...).

I will add more pics and info later but here it goes for now:

And no I didn't join a gang, it's just a black Celsior with shiny rims.

Here is a quick test drive that Mark did later on (he also did another insane set of photos I think something in the several hundred pic range on top of what he already sent!).
    He did a bit of a complete history of this site and talked about the issues with another Exporter we've had in the past.

Last edited by jdmvip; 11-01-2015 at 11:59 PM. Reason: added pics & video

User Info Menu

Looks awesome! Straight reliability on those cars.

User Info Menu

Wow very nice.... Black is a great choice...

User Info Menu

Such a nice looking car

User Info Menu

Thanks guys, any suggestions for what we should do with it?
    I'm getting nervous that I won't like the air suspension handling compared to Aristo (lighter) with TEIN CS coils. I am debating between coilovers (harder to find for these models) or aftermarket springs on stock shocks. My worry is that what if the springs make the car sit too low with the bodykit (our last 2 Aristo's with aftermarket springs were a bit too low in the front).

Would we get anymore power out of a catback exhaust (again these are a bit hard to find lol)?

User Info Menu

Love it! .
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

User Info Menu

Thanks rhdgc8, I just added a few more pics.

This car also comes with "R-Spec" height controller and all manuals. I heard the R-Spec can adjust damping so I may give it a shot with the air suspension on the hardest damping and see how it handles (and if anything with the air goes). If the air suspension goes I will just swap out for normal shocks or coils.

User Info Menu

that car looks perfect, I would not do a thing but general maintenance

User Info Menu

When is this car due for shipment?

We might have the cars in the same container.

User Info Menu

Very nice car! My Celsior is the same color and came with shiney wheels!
    Coilovers are a tough call, I found the air suspension on both my UCF11 and UCF20 is too soft, and eventually failed. I got Megan coilovers for the first one, but it was very stiff (I never did break in the springs though)
    I got Megans for the 2nd one as they are a redesigned model but haven't installed them yet, still haven't cured my leaking steering rack.

the problem is that by the time you get a stock shock, like a KYB or something and springs you have to buy all the top hats etc, ends up being the same price as coilovers. The air suspension as a kit and with a controller (like I have) should be easy to sell on clubLexus to guys who want to go hellaFlush for the same as it will cost you to get coilovers.

Lots of exhaust options, check out the SC400 guys for best options, best I've seen is a cat back with Borla mufflers, they are quality and produce a really nice sound that isn't too loud (Celsior's aren't mean to be loud)

It should feel a whole lot softer then your Aristo, and a whole lot more reliable too, looks like a Brave Auto car, will probably be a helluva lot nicer then the HellaFlush kids care that was partially ruined and still not on the road that is my Celsior )
    1997 Toyota Celsior UCF20
    2002 Ford F150 5.4 4x4
    2012 Ford Focus Ti Sedan Sport
    97 Cr250R/08 Thundercat 1000