Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Evo 5 Exhaust

User Info Menu

Default Evo 5 Exhaust

Does anyone know if Tomei's Ti Titanium CB exhaust fits on the Evo 5?

Link:
    http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Tome...atback-Exhaust

I was also looking at the HKS Hi-Power exhaust system which is a fair bit kinder to my wallet.

Does anyone suggest or recommend a different exhaust?
    Last edited by Shoxie; 05-05-2015 at 10:06 PM.

User Info Menu

It would have to be modified to fit, being titanium you wouldn't be able to find anyone to do that.... at least cheap....

Ive has HKS Hi power with their downpipe before and I liked it.

Currently I built my own exhaust and that's my favorite but for ease of install Id go HKS.

User Info Menu

How's the sound on the HKS? I am looking for one that'll be louder than stock but not obnoxiously loud.

Is it a deep growl/throaty type of exhaust?

I am skeptical just basing it on videos I find since a friend bought an exhaust based on the sound on videos and IRL, it was just tragic.

Also, other than ordering off eBay and resellers, do you know where I could find one used? Should be a fair bit cheaper if I buy used.
    Last edited by Shoxie; 05-06-2015 at 10:27 AM.

User Info Menu

Any other suggestions for an exhaust system?

User Info Menu

They are pretty hard to find used. I've seen them on kijiJi but that's like once a year. The hi-power is loud and a very deep sound. If it's too loud you could just add a resonator. I really liked mine, I didn't think it was too loud only because hks also makes the super drager and its crazy loud so by comparison it's there mid range system.

User Info Menu

I don't know where you live but the other option would be to get a shop to weld up a 3" mandrel bent system and then you could just choose your muffler. I'm running a magnaflow muffler from their tuner series and I really like it.
    Last edited by Slowboi; 05-06-2015 at 10:56 AM.

User Info Menu

Hopefully I can find one for sale on Kijiji.

Approximately how much did it cost you to go custom?

Oh, btw, for the HKS, do I just get the Evo 8/9 hks exhaust?
    Last edited by Shoxie; 05-06-2015 at 07:42 PM.

User Info Menu

Would I need to modify the HKS hi power exhaust for the evo 8/9 to fit the evo 5 or is it a complete plug and play?

User Info Menu

There should be 4,5,6 specific exhaust and down-pipe. Prepare to modify some hangers at minimum if you buy the exhaust for an 8.

To do a completely custom 3" turbo back your looking at about $500-$600 in parts, muffler, flex joint for the down pipe, o2 bung, flange, various hangers, a bunch of mandrel bends and straight pipe and some ceramic paint and header wrap. Then you have to find someone who is willing to weld it together for cheap....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slowboi View Post
    There should be 4,5,6 specific exhaust and down-pipe. Prepare to modify some hangers at minimum if you buy the exhaust for an 8.

To do a completely custom 3" turbo back your looking at about $500-$600 in parts, muffler, flex joint for the down pipe, o2 bung, flange, various hangers, a bunch of mandrel bends and straight pipe and some ceramic paint and header wrap. Then you have to find someone who is willing to weld it together for cheap....
    Alright, I could only find like two websites that sold the 4,5,6 specific HKS exhaust. Nengun being one of them but I've heard some mixed reviews about them. Are they good or bad?

If I really can't find my HKS, I might as well go the ARK or Tomei way since it will cost quite a bit either way.