Thread: EVO V Wheel Fitment

User Info Menu

Default EVO V Wheel Fitment

Hey guys, I was just looking for some help with regards to wheel fitment. I've been wheel hunting recently and with coilovers on the way it would be a perfect time for some new wheels, but most wheels don't seem to fit because of the Brembo clearance. So I was just wondering what everyone is running on their V's and VI's. I personally want to run 17x9 +22 Enkei RPF1's or 18x9 +35 RPF1's, but I believe neither of these will clear the stock Brembos. People say it would require 25mm spacer for the 18x9 (EVO 8 as reference) and I have been hearing some negatives about wheel spacers. What are your opinions on this? Help is appreciated. Thanks!

User Info Menu

ttt would like answers too
    Current rides;
    1989 BMW E34 525(rhd)
    2001 BMW X5 4.4 v8 AWD
    1998 Mitsubishi Evo V

Past rides;
    2008 Honda Ruckus/Gy6 swap stretched *sold*
    1989 BMW E34 535i *donated*
    1991 Nissan 240sx/Silvia swap *sold*
    1986 Nissan 200sx *donated*

User Info Menu

I run a 17x8.25 et25 with 235/45/R17 tires. It sits perfectly flush and looks spot on. I trimmed the plastic on my rear arches by about 10mm for extra clearance on hard cornering, etc and you can't tell they've been trimmed.

I love the RPF1 wheels as well... but only in the offsets that have the flat spoke look. If you want those offsets, you will definitely need spacers on the front to clear the brakes. I personally wouldn't use spacers if you plan on driving your car hard, which every Evo owner is.
    1998 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V (Silver) - Sold
    1998 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V (White)
    2009 Triumph Street Triple R (Matte Orange)
    2004 Subaru Forester 2.5X

User Info Menu

Hey, thanks for the reply! Yea in the end I decided to go with 18x9 +30 Rota G-Forces and 225/40/18 tires. The wheels clear the Brembos, but with like a 1mm of clearance....I'm not really comfortable with that amount of clearance so I will most likely get some hubcentric spacers. The wheels and tires fit perfectly with no rub whatsoever, but my car is also not slammed or super low. I'll post some pictures tomorrow when I have time.