Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhdgc8's 98 Forester ST/B 5MT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Default Rhdgc8's 98 Forester ST/B 5MT

As some of you may know, my fiance and I have been searching the auction site for quite some time now to find a vehicle. We had planed on buying a EG4 at first, but really wanted another AWD for the winter months. We just sold our old 98 CRV, so this vehicle will be replacing it.

We ended up winning a 1998 Forester ST/B 5MT on Friday night. Auction grade of 3.5. Big thanks to Steve AKA SastradKK for all his help and time. It has been quite a few months of back and forth bidding on countless vehicles before we finally won this jem.

This is one of the rare 5-speed Forester's with the boosted engine. I believe it is the same engine as my version 1 WRX (ej20g) I don't believe they changed over to the K until later on, but I could be wrong. Either way makes no difference to me.

The car is currently at the port in Japan waiting on the next boat. I assume I will have it within the next couple months. It will be arriving at the port in Halifax where I will go pick it up. Same place where my other vehicles have arrived previously.

Anyways on to the pictures!!! Yes it's white ... bleehh not my first choice but they all seem to be that color haha..

I will keep everyone posted on arrival. I still need to get a customs broker, so that is next on my to do list.
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

User Info Menu

Nice new forester, I guess I'll have a fellow SF5 buddy on here now. As for the engine, mine is a 99 and has an ej205, I don't remember what year they switched, but I don't see them going from the 20g to the 205 in one year. Do you have any more shots, such as the interior.

Also, whats wrong with white, lol.

Because it's just not an STI without a slightly ridiculous wing on the back

User Info Menu

Thanks! Ya true enough, I can't see them switching in one year, it's hard to say tho. Ah yes I believe I do have one shot from the auction of the interior. It looks to be a bit busy with all the fabric pattern and floor mats haha.

Nothing wrong with white at all, I just don't care for that color on a large vehicle like the Forester. Reminds me of a limo lol...

Here is the picture for you Mitch.
    @cdmtyper

User Info Menu

Congrats on finally getting an SF5! These Foresters are both useful and fast. It will be EJ20G but has electrics of a K and possibly heads.

User Info Menu

Fast will be a relative term, the amount of power the forester has is a bit shy of where I would count the exciting range starting. It will be faster than most of your average cars on the road but won't really feel any faster, especially when compared to the WRX with a 550 tune.

Because it's just not an STI without a slightly ridiculous wing on the back

User Info Menu

Ya not looking for the fast factor, my fiance just bought it for a daily so he can use it for work. He hates taking the Integra in the mud at the job sites...

Glad to hear it is the ej20g, we have had good luck with mine.

I wish I had more updates on arrival, but we are still waiting on Steve for more information about landing time. I will keep everyone posted

On another note we picked up a set of wheels, rear cargo net, trunk tray and a oem front bull bar
    @cdmtyper

User Info Menu

I'll trade you for my grey one, I looked for white for SO LONG.

User Info Menu

I don't even have it in my possession yet, I can't get rid of it already haha.

You could always vinyl wrap yours white
    @cdmtyper

User Info Menu

Yeah, it needs some paint work anyway so I might paint it. Or prep it and wrap it white. Still weighing options. It's gonna be hitting up lots of gravel in its future so mechanical is too priority ATM.

User Info Menu

Update on the Forester
    Boarding the boat at the end of this month, so I should be expecting it in Halifax early September.
    Last edited by rhdgc8; 07-11-2015 at 05:00 PM.
    @cdmtyper