Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: I've been gone for a bit... But I'm back!

  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Cool I've been gone for a bit... But I'm back!

    Hello everyone!

    Last year I had imported a S15 Silvia, and I loved having it. I was about to go crazy with the mods, then I took a step back and decided that it wasn't the car I was going to sink "skyline" money into.

    So I parted ways with it (and all those awesome parts I've been collecting over the years), and I honestly did not think I'd have the itch to be back in something RWD and fun.

    Well that all changed after I started to look at JZX100's and I've started the process of looking for one to import!

    I'll be taking my time as I'm holding on to this one for a while. I also plan not to get too crazy as soon as I get it.

    Anyways, it's nice to be back people!

  2. #2

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Welcome back! Glad to hear you are back into the imports. Keep us posted on what you end up buying. I am not to familiar with the jzx100, what is it? haha
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

  3. #3

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Welcome back, just last week I was wondering what happened to your car.... so what put you off the s15? I think its an amazing looking car, but they don't seem to hold their price very well... was the performance not what you were expecting? What was the deciding factor?

  4. #4

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Jzx100 is a chaser I believe, one of my favourite cars. Congrats and welcome back!

  5. #5

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhdgc8 View Post
    Welcome back! Glad to hear you are back into the imports. Keep us posted on what you end up buying. I am not to familiar with the jzx100, what is it? haha
    HAHA that's cool, no worries. It's a a Toyota 4 door 1JZ powered car. There's actually three model types. The Chaser, Mark II, and Cressida. I'm looking to purchase either the Chaser or Mark II.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slowboi View Post
    Welcome back, just last week I was wondering what happened to your car.... so what put you off the s15? I think its an amazing looking car, but they don't seem to hold their price very well... was the performance not what you were expecting? What was the deciding factor?
    I can say that it's a nice platform. The aftermarket support is endless, and after the initial refresh, it gave me no issues at all. It call came down to how much I wanted to spend modding it, vs purchasing something else. After the discussion I had with my engine builder and looking at the invoicing, it wasn't worth it (to me) HP wise to spend that money on a SR20. After that I decided that I wanted something else that would make more HP spending the same amount of money.

    Quote Originally Posted by steveo1115 View Post
    Jzx100 is a chaser I believe, one of my favourite cars. Congrats and welcome back!
    You are correct sir, and thanks! I'm glad to be back!

  6. #6

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steveo1115 View Post
    Jzx100 is a chaser I believe, one of my favourite cars. Congrats and welcome back!
    Chaser, Mark II and Cresta

    I'd love to own one, but they are not cheap for a 5 spd and I'd be a bit nervous about getting them through inspection since I don't know what you'd put in there to get the headlights to pass.

  7. #7

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Oh sweet, well good luck and i hope you find what you are looking for.

    Any idea who will be importing it for you?
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

  8. #8

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhdgc8 View Post
    Welcome back! Glad to hear you are back into the imports. Keep us posted on what you end up buying. I am not to familiar with the jzx100, what is it? haha
    My car is a JZX100! My blue 1997 Chaser.

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanV View Post
    Chaser, Mark II and Cresta

    I'd love to own one, but they are not cheap for a 5 spd and I'd be a bit nervous about getting them through inspection since I don't know what you'd put in there to get the headlights to pass.
    Yeah the non swapped 5spd models do fetch an extra price, still cheaper then a 6spd Silvia S15's though I think. And maybe in BC headlights are an issue but they aren't in this part of Canada. I just rig the drl up for the inspection which takes a few minutes by jumped the fuse and its good!

    Its wicked your looking into a JZX100, I love mine. Put 35k on it so far and never had an engine light. Only changed out the front pads and replaced the clutch and everything with oem stuff. Car is amazing.
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

  9. #9

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I should have known this!!! geez
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

  10. #10

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhdgc8 View Post
    Oh sweet, well good luck and i hope you find what you are looking for.

    Any idea who will be importing it for you?
    I hope so as well. So far I haven't had the best luck at the auctions so far. Nothing has caught my eyes, and the prices are all over the place. Mark II's seem to be the most expensive, then Chaser's and then Cresta's. I've got nothing but time so I'm okay...

    Oh and I'm using Arneja Trading this time around. So far, he's been quite excellent.

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Stick View Post
    Yeah the non swapped 5spd models do fetch an extra price, still cheaper then a 6spd Silvia S15's though I think. And maybe in BC headlights are an issue but they aren't in this part of Canada. I just rig the drl up for the inspection which takes a few minutes by jumped the fuse and its good!

    Its wicked your looking into a JZX100, I love mine. Put 35k on it so far and never had an engine light. Only changed out the front pads and replaced the clutch and everything with oem stuff. Car is amazing.
    Nah, from what I've seen so far, they are more then Silvia's. And the factory 5 speed demands a premium. I'm looking for one myself so I'm okay with paying to play.

    I'm glad to hear that your car has been problem free for you so far. I imagine it's pretty stock? I don't know how long mine will be, but I'm hoping that I won't run into major issues or problems.
    Last edited by EMAGDNIM; 09-21-2015 at 06:39 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •