Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Japan-Partner import

User Info Menu

Yes agreed they are definitely not the same car,with what Dean told me about them fitting the body kits themselves and doing the paintwork by the sounds of it the original pics would have been old stock and they don't update the listing with new pics of the newer stock,I really don't know,I'm clutching at straws here communication with this company is not the best to say the least

User Info Menu

Like a game of "Spot the ten differences".

1) Rear Muffler - angle and shape of box different.
    2) Indicators - on front guards different colour.
    3) Gauge Pod - one has MDF and the other not.
    4) Rear Bumper - is different, if you open up both rear photos and place them side by side you will see the lower lip style is different.
    5) Tail Lights - different.
    6) Boot Lid - little hard to tell but this is a common fault on R34's and that is rust around the third brake light. If you look closely at the first car you can almost see to the lower rh side just below the 3rd brake light where rust has started but you cannot see this on the 2nd vehicle.
    7) Front Bumper - one has mesh and the other does not.
    8) Suspension - one sits higher (front & rear) than the other.
    9) Headlights - the shape of the headlights is the same but 95% sure the internals are different.
    10) Badge - the GTR badge on the boot lid is slightly to one side of the key lock compared to the other.

Now entering the bonus round.
    11) Window Visors - one has and one does not.
    12) Side Skirts - are different.

Now entering the do or die round.
    13) Colour - could be wrong here - the chassis number of the first vehicle looks like "ER34-029916" (99% it is ER34-02XX16") and the colour for this vehicle (ER34-029916) is "QM1" which is white. The colour for blue is TV2 (Bayside) or BJ0 (Light Met Blue). If I have got the chassis number wrong and it is ER34-028816 the colour code is KV2 (Silver) although this chassis number is a auto vehicle so I will still take the gamble with ER34-029916.
    Although #13 is not really part of "spot the difference" between the two vehicles it is more of "did you know" if I am correct with the chassis number.

14) reading your post from start to finish you mention the vehicle as being a 1998 GT-T which I gather is what you were told. Now if you go back to the chassis number side of things, it is very rare to find 1998 ER34's with ER34-0"2", most are ER34-00xxxx or 01xxxx.
    ER34-029916 is a March 2000 build and ER34-0288916 is a Jan 2000 build. Now let's say I have read the chassis number wrong on the windscreen, I can see it is 99% ER34-02xx16 so with what you mention and what I see/think, I am a little suspicious here.

Anyway, just my thinking, the first vehicle is a GTR look alike which I gather you were aware of this and the second vehicle, I am fairly sure that is a real GTR and I do not think they are photos of the same car. I realise both have an aftermarket bonnet which is not a common style and is the same on both vehicles but.

1) this is Japan and there are hundreds and hundreds of vehicles around with the same style bonnet.
    2) I am the suspicious type which does not help - maybe they brought a Blue GTR with an aftermarket bonnet (as the vehicle shown and before you came along) and their GTR customer does not like the bonnet so they have changed the bonnet back to original for the GTR customer. Maybe since your car now has this bonnet, is blue and kind of looks like an GTR, instead of sending you photos of your car they have sent you photos of the other car "before" the bonnet was changed without realising that you may spot the other differences.

Cheers

User Info Menu

Thanks for the reply mark there's lots I didn't spot,I am more then greatful for you pointing these out here is a picture of the new chassis plate
    I think it is safe to say japan partner have been lying to me,terrible at communication and untrustworthy,I like to give people the benefit of the doubt even if I am suspicious but if they are lying to me at this stage I can't see me having much luck when the car arrives (if it ever does)

User Info Menu

There are lots of other pictures but given the information you have just told me from less then 10 pictures I don't think there is any point uploading more

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Onewheeld View Post
    There are lots of other pictures but given the information you have just told me from less then 10 pictures I don't think there is any point uploading more
    Go on, load them up, I want to see if I can get a higher score, sorry I should not make this a game.

That vin plate you posted - build date is 03/1999 and the colour of the car is AR2 which is red so either this car has been colour changed or you have been given a photo of an id plate from another car.

You may already know that someone else on this forum brought one car and was sent a different car and this goes on a lot with a lot of exporters and it really shits me because the lying and cheating that some exporters do reflects onto all exporters.

The long story short and this is for all exporters - always take what you read on many Japanese agents websites about their business with a pinch of salt because a lot of information is not exactly true, fabricated or they make themselves out to be something they are not.

Below are the common claims.

Auction Membership - when they do not have and do not be fooled by an auction site they have on their site as this does not mean they have membership to the auctions. Seeing them at the auction in video's or attending the auction with them does not mean they have membership. There is a lot of smoke and mirrors used in this subject.
    Staff - when they are really a one man band working out of a room in the back of their house. One man bands are not the end of the world (I was one once), it just annoys me when they claim to have all these staff when they do not.
    Office - what office, oh you mean the famous office we read/hear about but never see or we see a photo of a building that has been photo shopped with their sign on it.
    Facilities like yards, wash bays or whatever - many take photos of random workshops and then place them on the website and say "our inspection facility", but the one I love the most is our "yard" which looks more like a port storage yard to me with 100 different agents vehicles lined up.
    Testimonial/References - never believe what is written on their website, always Google the company and look for reviews etc on public forums, they cannot control what the public say about them where as they can on their website, FB page etc or any site where they control what is and is not said/displayed.
    Huge Number of Stock - anyone can have this with copy and paste from other sites, if any agents claims to have over 2,000 vehicles in stock then I have Elvis living next me.
    And the above is just the beginning of it.

Early next year I am going to start (been making the video's the last half of this year and just secured a YouTube channel) uploading video's to this site https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa6...MScE4kgPWbxxJw (I would not bother visiting it yet as there is nothing on it) about everything to do with the auctions, agents etc etc. I will be showing people behind the scenes of buying and selling vehicles at auction here, how to tell if your agent is real, how to tell if he/she has auction membership and what the huge disadvantage and risk for the customer when they do not, how the bidding is done and the correct way to bid, how negotiation is done, how vehicles are sold at auction as many will be surprised to know what we see as the seller on USS auction site and how we can make the auction run up to our reserve, there are many tricks to the auctions.
    There will also be a lot of other stuff as well which customers of mine and customers of other agents will find very interesting and even some agents who are new to the industry and do not have their own auction membership will also find my posts/video's very interesting because they cannot see the other side.

Why have I decided to do this - well I have sat on the side lines (until now) and witnessed certain members getting their fingers burnt over the years and not just on this forum, feed a load of rubbish from their agent/exporter and have not said anything so hopefully this new channel will point out a few facts and guide people better which they can either make their own mind up, look into it a bit more or maybe learn a few things that can help protect them in the future no matter who they are buying from.

This new YouTube channel will be kept separate from my business channel as it is not to promote my business, it will be strictly to educate people.

Cheers

User Info Menu

Cheers for that Mark, I appreciate the replies,however I spoke to Voitek this morning and they have agreed to give me a full refund I'll post back on here as soon as I receive it

User Info Menu

Onewheeld I hope things work out for you, Im surprised at how often cars are misrepresented.

You may already know that someone else on this forum brought one car and was sent a different car and this goes on a lot with a lot of exporters and it really shits me because the lying and cheating that some exporters do reflects onto all exporters.
    This was the silver s15 that was brought in. It surprises me that this actually happens often. The guy who brought it in lost interest in the car and has since sold it and moved on. Really too bad.

Just for reference http://forums.jdmvip.com/My_Silvia_S...DM_Cars-6744-t
    Last edited by Slowboi; 11-21-2015 at 09:57 PM.

User Info Menu

Way to go Onewheeld and good on you for giving a full review and details of your experience (few people do this when posting about their Exporter) and I hope things work out and you get the car you were after somehow. Nice job for Mark to catch the deception.

Slowboi yes +1 things in Japan are not as many think or at least how I thought years ago. I'm more surprised that threads like this about many Exporters have not popped up as I hear many stories in private that never go public unfortunately. My favorite one is "I ordered a Skyline and received a Soarer!"

User Info Menu

Thanks for the replies,I don't understand why people don't leave reviews for things like this,it benefits both future buyers and it also benefits the sales company.cheers for the link that was one I read very unfortunate for the guy.

Quick update Spoken to Voitek on the phone this morning and the refund is now going to take 2 weeks to be back in my account apparently.I'll write another update on the 8th of December.

User Info Menu

On the 26th of November I received an email from Voitek stating that their bank had been informed to send the refund into my account. Bank transfers take 3 working days. Today at 03:39 am was the third day,I havnt received any of my money back,I am giving it until tomorrow morning and then i have to take matters further.