Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Winter is here! Evo 4 Build thread round 2!!!!

User Info Menu

Also I have settled on a whiteline 24mm swaybar for the front end which is only 1mm up over stock. My rear swaybar is adjustable so I am going to tighten it up to compensate a little. That should give me the opportunity to dial my coilovers back a few clicks resulting in a slightly smoother ride.

If you look at the e5 and e6 builds they like to run a tight rear diff with a big rear sway bar and use a soft front end set up. This causes some reliance on tires which is fine when the big arch 5 and 6 cars can run a 255 width tire. I have a small arch e4 so the biggest I can really run is a 215... Which means I have to dial my suspension in a bit more. I have a very good starting point with my alignment and coilover settings... With the new mods I'll be back to the track to dial it in again... I'm expecting better things

User Info Menu

Quick update, my Federal 595 rsr's are on their way. Got a stellar deal considering how bad the Canadian dollar is. $820 Canadian to my door from California all in (customs, shipping, tires, everything). I was going to run some toyo R888's this year but at $300 a tire.... no thanks.

User Info Menu

So a few updates on the remaining parts I have to buy and have now ordered.

I was able to score a very nice front swaybar to compliment my rear swaybar. Front bars that fit the E4 are kind of rare as there are only a few companies that still make them. Whiteline and Cusco are the two main players in this. I was able to source a Ralliart bar from Japan that has been long out of production. The advantage to it over the other two is adjustment. The bar has two stiffness settings as well as three angle positions for the endlinks. This should really enable me to dial in my set up.

Not on my list but a good upgrade I couldnt pass on was some Beatrush polyurithane bushings for two of the motormounts.

As well I decided to order a set of rota grid wheels. I decided to go with a cast wheel based on cost. The thought of wiping out my 2k+ regamasters is too much to bear. The regas will be for the street and the grids will be for the track.

User Info Menu

Rota grids arrived today!

17x7.5 +43 is the spec. They will be my track wheels. (If they fit)

I was looking for a concave spoke wheel to go over big brakes and these are a knock off of te37's. At first glance they actually seem to have more room than te37s for callipers which is crazy. Im thinking I may pull my car out of storage next week to test fit these guys. The colour is great too its like a black chrome.

I like rotas for one reason: they are the only knock off wheel manufacturer i know of that puts their cast wheels on race cars. They had a long time sponsorship of one of the fastest world time attack cars out there. No other knock off wheel company can say their stuff is race proven.

User Info Menu

Beautiful set of rims Slowboi I think any JWL certified rims should be of fairly high quality.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    Beautiful set of rims Slowboi I think any JWL certified rims should be of fairly high quality.
    Thanks! I like Rota, I own expensive wheels and cheap wheels.... cheap ones have their application too.

I received another shipment from Japan today and have a few more nice additions to my parts pile. I will be doing one more shipment from the Tokyo area at the end of the month then it will be a mad race to get my car prepped for summer fun.

I got a good deal on a few things I have been watching for. I was able to get a custom 3 guage pod for mt RS dash that I have yet to install. (that will be next winter)

I was also able to get my hands on a HKS "RS" intake tube. These seem pretty hard to get used. I really only want it for the old school lettering on the side.

I also stocked up on a new set of street/track Endless brake pads which I scored for half price.

User Info Menu

Nice score Slowboi, I am very curious to know how the endless pads feel and do you know what material they are metallic or ceramic?

User Info Menu

As far as i know they are a ceramic/metalic mix. The compound is meant to be a occasional track pad however when you look at the specs their opperating temp and friction coefficient are really way above a street pad. There is a great thread on autozine about them

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...X72-brake-pads

User Info Menu

I haven't updated here for a while. Been pretty busy but as the track season approaches I have been pushing ahead to get the car ready. The swaybar was pretty ratty looking, so i stripped it and painted it. It ended up being a 25mm bar so a pretty good increase over stock.

User Info Menu

I then added the robust whiteline end links which really lined up nice when I started putting the suspension together