Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My '06 Toyota Aurion SX6 Sportivo

User Info Menu

Happy holidays everyone!!

User Info Menu

Happy New Year!!

Got a couple of upgrades done on the Aurion over the weekend

First thing was the installation of some Euro plate style license plate surrounds and the second was applying some pre-cut tint film to the lower sections of the tail lights. I wasn't 100% happy with the blandness of the plate surround so ended up using some of my left over bronze carbon fiber vinyl to wrap the sides and make it a little more interesting.

Here's some photos of the process and some before vs after shots:

User Info Menu

A few small updates:

* 'V6 24VALVE' stickers fitted to the rear doors.

* Bought a 1:43 scale model of an Aurion (Asian Camry) from eBay.

* Received some Rays wheel nuts from Japan. Watch this space

And I decided it was time to upgrade my brakes, but I didn't need want to go for bigger calipers or larger rotors since my daily commute to work is only 10km and it's mostly straight, lol, so I settled on these Znoelli dimpled drilled and slotted rotors front and rear, combined with Bendix brake pads all round.

User Info Menu

The Aurion got some new wheels today. They're Vertini Magic (concave) 19x9.5 front and rear, +32 offset and wrapped in 235/35/19 rubber. They get custom drilled for the stud pattern and shaved for the offset you want so I had to wait about a week for them to get machined, but it was worth waiting for . Being concave they bow in the middle, giving that very dished effect.

The rear guards needed to be rolled as there was slight scrubbing around corners, but apart from that the fitment was pretty straight forward. I just have to get some camber bolts for the front so I can give it some negative camber and tuck the wheels in a bit more, but apart from that the fitment is great and I'm loving the new look

User Info Menu

Threw some camber bolts in the front tonight. It's evened it out nicely now, so no more strange poke at the front.

User Info Menu

New photos:

User Info Menu

Fitted some slightly larger tires up front to fill up the guard gap a little better. Other benefit is that it brings the lip of the rim further away from potholes and is a bit more comfortable since you don't feel every dip and crack in the road. Fronts are 225/40/19 and the rears are 235/35/19. The old tires are only a few weeks old, but the wheel-well gap was bugging the hell out of me, so for now I'm happy

User Info Menu

Nice call, larger tires are a great way to fill gap and make a car look lower than it is! Do you work in the aviation industry?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    Nice call, larger tires are a great way to fill gap and make a car look lower than it is! Do you work in the aviation industry?
    Thanks man. It was a bit of a gamble as the additional stretch of the 225's vs 235's may have negated any benefit of going larger in the first place, but it all worked out in the end. No I don't work in the aviation industry unfortunately. There's a small airport nearby that I snuck into yesterday (Sunday) and found a random plane by a hanger to take a photo next to, haha.

User Info Menu

Very cool Scott that you could get a shot like that. I think going wider is almost always better, more protection for the rims, fills out the wheel wells better and usually better traction during take off in non-AWD cars.