Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My '06 Toyota Aurion SX6 Sportivo

User Info Menu

Thanks mate

Here's some more new photos:

User Info Menu

I had been thinking of a way to fill the void in the engine bay where the factory intake used to be and ended up killing two birds with one stone by settling on this large oil catch tank. It's designed to catch blow-by oil from the PCV valve during full throttle and turns the vapor into a mist that settles in the bottom of the catch tank instead of getting sent back into the intake manifold.

Radium Engineering made a catch tank set-up for the Lotus Evora (which uses the same 2GR-FE engine) and owners have reported quite a lot of oil being caught, so they sound like they could be quite beneficial on this engine. I had one on the Corolla and it worked well, so I figured it'd be worth a shot in the Aurion. Ended up putting my factory silver engine cover back on at the same too, as I prefer the cleaner look compared to my carbon fiber wrapped cover (which I'll still keep to mix things up every now and then).

Will be interesting to see how much oil this thing collects

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quick Saturday mod - I pulled off my old foam EZ Lip and installed this glossy carbon lip in it's place. Was difficult to photograph due to the glossiness but you get the idea

User Info Menu

Looks great! And as always, beautiful pictures.
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

User Info Menu

Fantastic looking Scott, what brand of vinyl did you use and how hard was it to install?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhdgc8 View Post
    Looks great! And as always, beautiful pictures.
    Cheers mate

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    Fantastic looking Scott, what brand of vinyl did you use and how hard was it to install?
    Thanks! The lip is actually made with the carbon pattern on it and replaced the old one, so no vinyl wrapping necessary this time

User Info Menu

Some new pics:

And this photo I took the other day:

User Info Menu

I installed these*LED bumper reflectors today. I haven't see this particular style on any Aurion before so when I saw them I knew I had to have a set . They're designed to be 100% plug-and-play with no splicing required and mount the exact same way as the stock reflectors.

The worst part about the whole job is that you have to remove the rear bumper in order to get to the screw on the back holding the reflector in, but it didn't turn out to be as difficult as I had imagined.

After fitting them I found that they were really quite bright, in fact too bright, so I put a layer of tint film over each light to dull down the light output a bit. Not 100% sold on the tinted look however, so time will tell if I pull the tint off or not. Either way, the lights are here to stay.

The lights come on when the park lights are on and get brighter when you brake. They also have the ability to flash when you indicate, but this looked tacky in my opinion so I left that particular plug disconnected.

All in all it's a nice simplistic mod that looks like it was there from the factory. Below are a series of photos in their original form and then tinted.

Also, these carbon fiber vent stickers arrived in the mail today so I figured I'd chuck them on and see how they look. I'm not normally a fan of dull/matte carbon fiber designs but these were nice and cheap. I traced around them before sticking them on so I can try and make my own ones out of glossy carbon in future: