Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My '06 Toyota Aurion SX6 Sportivo

User Info Menu

Default My '06 Toyota Aurion SX6 Sportivo

I figured it was about time I started a project thread for the Aurion. I bought this car in May '15 and didn't really plan on doing any mods to it, but as we all know, things often don't stay standard for very long. I've always liked these cars, so when I finally had the chance to buy one I opted for this '06 SX6 Sportivo model.

It came with the 18" TRD wheels pictured, but apart from that was all stock. Over the last 6-months I've added various bits and pieces to make it more unique, and the latest addition of a cold air intake makes it sound like an absolute beast when you hit the throttle. It's not very often you see modified Aurions so it leaves people wondering what the hell it is, while still blending in as a family sedan at the same time. The Aurion was only sold in Australia and New Zealand and was called the Camry in certain countries (Middle East etc), whereas most other countries got the 2.4L Camry with the different front/rear end.

So far the spec list is as follows:

Engine:
    * Stock 2GR-FE V6 3500cc 24v Dual VVT-i engine.
    * Custom made 3" cold air intake setup.
    * Potent Booster throttle controller.
    * Aurion 2012+ GSV50 full metal VVT-i oil line.
    * Aurion 2012+ GSV50 full metal oil cooler line.

Exterior:
    * Aftermarket ducktail roof spoiler.
    * Ezi-Lip front bumper lip extension.
    * Aftermarket colour coded reversing camera.
    * Aftermarket concealed front bumper camera.
    * Genuine Toyota optional towbar & wiring.
    * Genuine Toyota optional weathershields/monsoons.
    * Bodykit Kingdom headlight eyelids.
    * CREE LED headlight, park light and fog light bulbs.
    * Aftermarket red 'Heat Emblem' in Toyota boot badge.
    * Aurion 2012+ GSV50 'AURION' 1-piece rear boot badge.
    * 2009+ Toyota Landcruiser Prado 'V6 Dual VVT-i' sticker.
    * Aftermarket Japanese Mitsuba Alpha dual front horns.
    * Lexus IS250 engine bay horn for factory alarm system.
    * Factory brake calipers painted red.

Interior:
    * Eonon GA5164F Android GPS/USB/Bluetooth headunit.
    * Aftermarket Bluetooth mic mounted in roof console.
    * Genuine Toyota optional LED blue footwell lights.
    * Toyota Blade Master G leather steering wheel.
    * Lexus IS-F genuine Magnesium working paddle shifters.
    * Genuine Toyota optional carbon fibre steering wheel logo insert.
    * Aurion Grande 'real-look' matte wood centre console panel.
    * Aurion ZR6 silver door trim and chrome handles.
    * Aurion ZR6 digital A/C control upgrade.
    * Aurion Grande carpeted centre boot trim.
    * Genuine Toyota optional rubber moulded boot tray.
    * Aftermarket 6x9 to 6.5" front speaker adapter pods.
    * Lexus GS450H Mark Levinson 6.5" front speakers.
    * Aftermarket white LED door courtesy lights.
    * Aurion Grande auto dimming rear-view mirror.
    * Valentine One radar mirror mount, hardwire kit & concealed display.
    * Novatek A118 HD dashcam concealed behind mirror.
    * UltraGauge OBDII display unit (speed, RPM, temps etc).
    * Altezza aluminium footrest pedal (to match OEM pedals).
    * Personalized license plates - 00 01 00.

Wheels/Suspension:
    * 18" optional TRD Kappa wheels and TRD centre caps.
    * Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE002 225/45/18 tyres.
    * King Spring 'Super Low' coil springs.
    * Alutec aluminium front strut brace.

User Info Menu

Wow Scott fantastic example my friend. Can you tell me is the Aurion a Camry in Japan and how does it differ? This model looks like it takes a lot of cues from Toyota's Crown series IMHO and this is a good thing!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    Wow Scott fantastic example my friend. Can you tell me is the Aurion a Camry in Japan and how does it differ? This model looks like it takes a lot of cues from Toyota's Crown series IMHO and this is a good thing!
    Thanks mate . The Aurion was primarily designed for the Australia and New Zealand market, but also made it to a few other markets around the world, sometimes even being badged as a Camry. Interestingly, the Aurion was never available in the Japanese market, but it definitely has some similarities to certain Lexus models and, as you mentioned, the Toyota Crown

There's a great read-up here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Aurion_(XV40)

User Info Menu

I see very interesting and makes me want to get a Crown or Crown Majesta in the later years when available for import to Canada for sure!
    What I like about so many Toyota's is it seems they were created to be VIP'd

User Info Menu

Some new photos from yesterday:

User Info Menu

The Aurion got some attention in the weekend, starting off with wrapping the center console in a bronze/gold carbon fiber vinyl. The console had to be disassembled in individual pieces to be wrapped properly, so lining up the stripes was a bit of a pain, but with a bit of patience the end result was worth it.

Continuing on with the carbon theme, I chucked this billet aluminium TRD style oil cap on. I really like the design of this cap, and although it's purely aesthetic, I think it compliments the rest of the engine bay nicely.

After wrapping the center console, curiosity got the better of me and I decided to try and wrap one of my spare engine covers. Well, lets just say it was considerably more difficult than the console, and cutting around the non-removable letters wasn't fun, but the end result looks pretty sweet so the effort paid off

User Info Menu

Wow fantastic Scott and where did you get this wrap from and what was the cost? It would be a great thing to do on some older interiors or on pieces that are damaged/cracked/faded on some cars.

User Info Menu

Wow fantastic Scott and where did you get this wrap from and what was the cost? It would be a great thing to do on some older interiors or on pieces that are damaged/cracked/faded on some cars.
    Yeah it really would! Or even on relatively modern pieces like mine that are just plain boring looking . I got it from AliExpress. It's $9 USD shipped on sale or $16 USD shipped regular price. Comes in a 50cm x 200cm roll.

User Info Menu

What a deal and it doesn't look cheap at all. Another thought is that it is also an excellent way to protect whatever is under it.

I'm sure this will be one of the most loved threads on the forums, people may not post but your threads are very famous.

User Info Menu

What a deal and it doesn't look cheap at all. Another thought is that it is also an excellent way to protect whatever is under it.

I'm sure this will be one of the most loved threads on the forums, people may not post but your threads are very famous.
    Thanks dude. One week later and it hasn't peeled, chipped or flaked, so it seems to be pretty sturdy stuff. I'm really glad to be able to share my progress with everyone, even if nobody posts a reply, because knowledge and power, and we all know how much we love power

I may as well post these photos I took today of my partner's 2004 Toyota Wish while I'm here too