Thread: Forester Windshield Replacement

User Info Menu

Smile Forester Windshield Replacement

Hi guys,

So I bought a 1998 forester t/tb off of a guy in alberta and am going to be licensing it in Sk. The windshield needs to be replaced for the safety inspection which is fine because the windshield is the same as the North American version. The one issue that I noticed while driving my friend's LHD Forester is that the windshield wiper heaters are on the opposite side of my RHD Forester. Thus, if I install a USDM windshield on my RHD Forester, the heaters will not line up properly.

Can anyone comment on this? Is there a way to get glass with the heaters on the correct side? I'm very close to just saying f it and getting rid of the heating system all together.

I'll post pictures of my new car when I get a chance this weekend!

Thanks

User Info Menu

Could probably get one from Japan, but I imagine it would be expensive. Wiper heaters, eh? How does that work? *Off to google it*
    This is my oh-so-unique™ signature. Do not copy it.
    My Blog.

User Info Menu

A lot of vehicles have them, my 04 fxt also has them, its just like those heater lines in the back windows of cars except the windshield ones only go where the wiper rests. Just melts the ice off a bit so the wipers aren't stuck and rip.

For windshield, maybe see if these guys have something. They seem to get a lot of JDM cars in.

https://www.facebook.com/HiRev-Perfo...7833024281264/
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info. Never noticed those wiper warmers before.
    This is my oh-so-unique™ signature. Do not copy it.
    My Blog.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Stick View Post
    A lot of vehicles have them, my 04 fxt also has them, its just like those heater lines in the back windows of cars except the windshield ones only go where the wiper rests. Just melts the ice off a bit so the wipers aren't stuck and rip.

For windshield, maybe see if these guys have something. They seem to get a lot of JDM cars in.

https://www.facebook.com/HiRev-Perfo...7833024281264/
    I ended up just getting a plain windshield, figured it wasn't worth the extra work/money. Thanks for the link though, I'm definitely going to check that place out for parts

Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
    Thanks for the info. Never noticed those wiper warmers before.
    They're pretty interesting - never really had a chance to use them though. Would definitely help save your wipers if they were frozen to your windshield