Thread: JDm headlight questions

User Info Menu

Default JDm headlight questions

Hi Guys,

Just checking into what you guys have done with the headlights on these cars once they make it onto our roads over here. Obviously the headlights are pointing in the wrong direction and put a lot of glare/beam onto the left side of the road and causing it to get into oncoming traffic.

I've pulled my GTB into the garage and managed to tape of the lower section of the headlight to get rid of the left hand sweep up but seeing what else others have done.

I'm thinking there is some adjustments on the housings themselves to move/adjust over as well to help with the direction.

Thanks for your insight.

User Info Menu

Easiest fix would be to swap out your headlights for usdm or cdm. Myself I just left it, I do get flashed now and then...
    @cdmtyper
    2017 Civic Type R FK8 R-01546
    1996 Honda Integra XI J Series Swap ITR Clone

User Info Menu

I figure that is the end result. However i would hate to lose the headlight height adjustment and more importantly the factory HID setup.

I'll try the housing adjustment screws next.

User Info Menu

I point them low in the city and up high on the back roads. If someone hits me with high beams, they are greeted with the same.

User Info Menu

I would not worry about them pointing slightly left. What blinds people are large trucks and SUVs IMHO. These are eCode lights and are legal and compliant at least in BC Canada.

User Info Menu

Little late, but the shop that did my inspection re-aimed the headlights. Not sure how!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jsdub1 View Post
    Little late, but the shop that did my inspection re-aimed the headlights. Not sure how!
    Is it not just the weird upside down crown thing that you adjust with a Phillips head screwdriver?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Scott64 View Post
    Is it not just the weird upside down crown thing that you adjust with a Phillips head screwdriver?
    Not 100% sure, sorry man. Give it a shot and see I suppose!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jsdub1 View Post
    Not 100% sure, sorry man. Give it a shot and see I suppose!
    I probably will sometime soon. My headlights have it, I was just pointed the wrong way last night in the garage (at a window) to play around with it. Maybe in the next couple days I'll pull it in the other way around, mark where the headlights are with some tape and play with the adjuster to see if it changes. Ideally I'd just have to swap the beam height between sides if that adjuster actually does affect the low beam. I really can't see why high beam or marker lights would have an adjustment, so it's gotta be the low beams, right?