Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhdgc8's 2001 Bugeye STI WRB

User Info Menu

That looks fresh, excited for you. Hope it goes in and you can start driving your GDB.

User Info Menu

Damn, that looks great.

User Info Menu

Thanks me to! I won't have time to work on it until the weekend, but hopefully have it all go smoothly and running by Sunday. This is my first Subaru swap.. normally I would be under the hood of a Honda lol..
    2001 CDM ITR #01-1324
    2018 Civic SI FC3

User Info Menu

Forgot to mention I picked up a used ECUTEK ecu from Ontario, I needed this to go get this car tuned at Lachute. I plan on doing that sooner rather then later, since it is still under warranty.

I also picked up a one piece front grill and larger hood scoop.

2001 CDM ITR #01-1324
    2018 Civic SI FC3

User Info Menu

Motor is almost ready to go back in. Hopefully have it running this weekend!!

2001 CDM ITR #01-1324
    2018 Civic SI FC3

User Info Menu

It is alive!! Finally after everything I had to deal with the car is up and running. Huge thanks to Mitch and of course my husband, couldn't have done it without them both. Also my 80yr old grandfather, he always likes to lend a hand

Pictures!!!!

Everything is pretty much completed other then the tune. It seems to be running better and better the more I drive it. I guess that is a Subaru thing? Hondas don't quite work that way lol...

We did run into a few issues with the swap. Mostly trying to line it up with the tranny, one broken bolt and a huge oil leak. Other then that it started right up first try, couldn't be happier.

I am looking forward to finally enjoying my dream car and hopefully get it up to lachute this fall for a tune.

As for extra parts, only thing I installed was my new Alpine stereo and my Innovate wideband I took out of my boosted civic. I do need to find a front lip, fog light harness to go with my fog lights I picked up from the import shop. I also may get a version 9 wheel if I don't end up putting my Sparco racing wheel in it from my civic.

More to come!
    2001 CDM ITR #01-1324
    2018 Civic SI FC3

User Info Menu

I have a set of prodrive wheels, they are the GC-07c model. I have them for sale but there doesn't seem to be any interest in these locally...
    I may just get them powder coated white and use them for next summer. Thoughts?

and of course a couple new shots

I had it buffed and detailed a few weeks ago. The paint is surprisingly in really good shape considering its a JDM, most are faded.

2001 CDM ITR #01-1324
    2018 Civic SI FC3

User Info Menu

Why powder coat them white? I think they'd look good with silver. In white I feel like you'd need to have some other white bits on the car to really set them off if they are white, but I could be wrong.

User Info Menu

I like the factory finish as well, but they are corroded on the inside of the barrel and some spokes. They seen salt unfortunately.

What other colors would you suggest?
    2001 CDM ITR #01-1324
    2018 Civic SI FC3

User Info Menu

The Subaru gold?