Thread: 2000 UCF31 Celsior Engine Shaking/Vibration/Misfires

User Info Menu

Default 2000 UCF31 Celsior Engine Shaking/Vibration/Misfires

When warm the car shakes at idle whether under load or not
    It also shakes without load when revving. I cannot really figure out if these are tiny misfires or if it is shaking due to bad motor mounts (the engine for the most part sounds very normal when driving and accelerating. The car does not shake much when first started and gets progressively worse as it gets warmer.

It is especially noticeable when switching from D to P which makes me think motor mounts but then again the shaking often continues even after a few minutes. The other weird thing is that it seems to be more or less violent at times and I swear it is temperature dependent (in colder weather it is much worse and on warmer days it is not that bad).

Some thoughts are if it is a misfire it could be clogged OCV/filter, injectors, coil packs, other fuelling issue. One thing is that sometimes the idle seems to fluctuate 150RPM when the shaking happens which makes me wonder if it could be a clogged cat possibly.

User Info Menu

Sounds like bad mounts...........but im no mechanic

User Info Menu

Yes I am leaning in that direction especially the transmission mount in the rear. I will update this once I have swapped out the rear mount.

User Info Menu

This is the thread I was mentioning that has me thinking engine mount: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums...-was-the-cure/

User Info Menu

Because this happens more so when the engine is hot it sounds like classic symptoms of bad OCVs or clogged OCV filter. When the car is hot and shaking I will unplug the power for each OCV and see if things improve to troubleshoot them.

I still do think I have a problem with the engine mounts too and will be changing the transmission mount soon.