Thread: DLR hookup for inspection

User Info Menu

Default DLR hookup for inspection

Hey all,

Just as an FYI for any new JZS161 owners, I used this thread as a guide , and was able to get my parking lights to act as DLR on the 161.

Not sure if I will need to have DLR for the inspection, but Im going to a place where I am unsure of how strict they are on them.

Anyway, it was pretty simple, took about 20 mins, and cost about $20.

Cheers,

Ryan

User Info Menu

Yes you do, its required.

What I did is buy a kit from Canadian Tire, solder them together. Very easy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wrc555ltd View Post
    Yes you do, its required.

What I did is buy a kit from Canadian Tire, solder them together. Very easy.
    not every inspection station requires it.......ive personally imported a number of cars over the years, and had them inspected at different facilities. Depending on the inspector, they let certain things pass, and others not.

Canadian tire doesnt sell the kits any more. This setup is even easier than soldering anything. Basically plug and play.

Ryan

User Info Menu

Also, with this mod, I can simply unplug the wire and replace the fuse, back to normal.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SPUd View Post
    not every inspection station requires it.......ive personally imported a number of cars over the years, and had them inspected at different facilities. Depending on the inspector, they let certain things pass, and others not.

Canadian tire doesnt sell the kits any more. This setup is even easier than soldering anything. Basically plug and play.

Ryan
    Generally it is required in every inspection facility, but it is up to them if they care or not. eg, canadian tire needs them, other shops may not even care.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wrc555ltd View Post
    Generally it is required in every inspection facility, but it is up to them if they care or not. eg, canadian tire needs them, other shops may not even care.
    yeah, thats exactly what I mean. DLRs are a 'requirement' of the inspection, but I meant that an individual inspection station may not require that your car fulfill the requirement of the inspection

Ryan

User Info Menu

Can anyone please recommends a resonable OOP inspector in Vancouver area? My JPM arrives in 4 wks. Thanks.

User Info Menu

Default DLR Device

Ryan, can you share the details of this "Plug & Play" DLR modification device? Where can I get one for my JDM import?