Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEW to the site hello, and questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Default NEW to the site hello, and questions

hey all just signed up here looking for peeps with same interests as i got an here i am :P

anyway im in the motion of wanting to import a supra here..dream car, but iv been asking around and looking to see who can actually work on this car,and iv come up empty handed. i got list of mods im buying throughout the year and want done pretty much at the same time cause they just flow into each other.

so really my questions are, should i just send the mods over seas to japan land and get them to install it before shipping or does anyone here know/dealt or heard of any place that can install my mods and not have my car blow up?
    for reference its a tt 6sp,
    mods would be upgraded twins, full exhaust, upgraded fuel system some aem gauges, wideband failsafe, spark plugs etc. the major ones prety much being the turbo and full exhaust 4 incher.
    i want to ship it here next feb :P

i appreciate all comments
    if you aint first, your last

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supranova View Post
    hey all just signed up here looking for peeps with same interests as i got an here i am :P

anyway im in the motion of wanting to import a supra here..dream car, but iv been asking around and looking to see who can actually work on this car,and iv come up empty handed. i got list of mods im buying throughout the year and want done pretty much at the same time cause they just flow into each other.

so really my questions are, should i just send the mods over seas to japan land and get them to install it before shipping or does anyone here know/dealt or heard of any place that can install my mods and not have my car blow up?
    for reference its a tt 6sp,
    mods would be upgraded twins, full exhaust, upgraded fuel system some aem gauges, wideband failsafe, spark plugs etc. the major ones prety much being the turbo and full exhaust 4 incher.
    i want to ship it here next feb :P

i appreciate all comments
    I've seen a few supras around, some quite beastly haha a good idea would probably go to some car meets and ask around there. I remember someone was running there's on the strip last year, so I'm assuming they had a ton of stuff modded on it (or they could have been running a stock supra, but I doubt it).

User Info Menu

ah dam, i never see any 93-02 supras : ( iv seen one at a show last year but there was nothing done to it :O lol i see lots of mk3 though but almost all are lhd to iunno some places apparently its a huge difference. im just aiming for like 500hp weekend/ off work car lol.

i guess it really doesnt have to be "supra" specific but maybe even just a place that knows imports or pretty well anything about aftermarket, i would rather have it done locally only if its trusted. no what i mean

User Info Menu

Yeah man should see plenty of Supra's out now that's its spring. Definitely now that its spring. And I'm sure there are plenty of places that can do the work on those cars in Edmonton and Calgary. Or just do the work yourself.
    93 GC8A 5spd Graphite Gray Pearl! (SOLD)
    04 SG5 Manual Forester XT
    97 JZX100 5spd Toyota Chaser Tourer V!

User Info Menu

I've seen a rhd supra down on the south side of the city, near Ellerslie. I heard it before I saw it, so I'm pretty sure that guy has worked on it. So yes, there are rhd supras that are tuned in the city!

I've also heard there are quite a few shops around Edmonton that do good work. There are also some in Calgary, so I don't think you'll have any problems finding a shop.

User Info Menu

alright yea that helps me feel a lil better haha, saw one east side white, i guess all thats left is deciding getting it all done in japan or get the car here asap an upgrade as i go,

OH might sound kinda dumb but adding all these upgrades am i going to have to get that tuned before i go an drive around with the upgraded fuel system an full open exhaust running 1.2 bar boost? i wont be racing asap, just wanna cruise around get a nice feel for it before i go burning rubber.

and thanks again guys

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supranova View Post
    alright yea that helps me feel a lil better haha, saw one east side white, i guess all thats left is deciding getting it all done in japan or get the car here asap an upgrade as i go,

OH might sound kinda dumb but adding all these upgrades am i going to have to get that tuned before i go an drive around with the upgraded fuel system an full open exhaust running 1.2 bar boost? i wont be racing asap, just wanna cruise around get a nice feel for it before i go burning rubber.

and thanks again guys
    Honestly, I'd say do it here. Personally I think if you're going to mod your car, it's best to be as hands-on as possible; on that note though, if you have specific mods you want done ahead of time and have a reliable way of ensuring the work gets done to your liking while in Japan, then why not go for it?

I'm an amateur myself and ask dumb questions all the time, but from my understanding is that it's best to get a tune if you can manage it, just to ensure the car is running as best as possible to accommodate the mods. I'll leave it to the more experienced people to give you a more definitive answer though haha

Have you started looking into importing your car?

User Info Menu

yeah i see what your saying i feel about the same. im no expert in actually wiring shit it and i dont have a lift to use any more
    but really the only mods i dont want to do myself are the upgraded twin turbos and the exhaust system. i mean the exhaust would be imported from japan anyway, and the turbo system id like them to install while the exhaust is being done anyway, but the fmic and small stuff id like to do myself least till i know the car more closely

and yes i know who im going through talked about the mod work already, ill be buying them all year and when i find the pefect one around december ill ship the turbos over an have them do it before shipping for spring 2017

User Info Menu

I would highly recommend doing your mods here in Alberta NOT Japan.

The mods you are talking about would likely need a tune, so a tune here at our elevation, with our fuel, would be pretty important.

Also dealing with after sales service from another country would be terrible.

User Info Menu

If you intend to mod anything engine related, then I definitely would agree with Slowboi on this one. Getting the full benefits of exhaust, turbo, etc will require quite a bit of work that aren't necessarily "bolt on" and require fine adjustments. Doing it here will be much better.