Thread: financing an import

User Info Menu

Default financing an import

all of my friends are making outrageous payments on cars that cost anywhere from 20k-65k... but all i want is a 15-20ish thousand dollar imported skyline. i cant really find any good answers on how i would be able to finance this. the import site i was on said i need a 100% payment through a bank transfer. so what sort of loan would i need to make this possible? i have pretty good credit. i am in the range of 700, but i have never taken out any loans nearly that big before.

edit: the site i was on is japan-partner . com. i am not sure if this site is reputable or not, but i plan on doing more research on the source later. i plan on making the purchase by the end of this year at the very latest and I'm really just getting started on my research. a friend of mine just got 2 ratty skylines imported for dirt cheap to tune but he paid cash since his family is pretty wealthy.
    Last edited by BigSandwich; 04-11-2016 at 06:13 PM.

User Info Menu

I guess it depends on your bank but you could use a normal Line of Credit, Car Loan (if they would accept a JDM) or equity from a house if you have one. Which Skyline series and model are you after? It sounds like you must be thinking of some sort of GTR and definitely not an R34.

Yes all cars must be paid by wire to Japan so it is very important to get a good and reputable Exporter.

If you read around the forums here there is a lot of feedback on Japan Partner. I would personally not deal with them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdmvip View Post
    I guess it depends on your bank but you could use a normal Line of Credit, Car Loan (if they would accept a JDM) or equity from a house if you have one. Which Skyline series and model are you after? It sounds like you must be thinking of some sort of GTR and definitely not an R34.

Yes all cars must be paid by wire to Japan so it is very important to get a good and reputable Exporter.

If you read around the forums here there is a lot of feedback on Japan Partner. I would personally not deal with them.
    I am mainly looking to get an r32 gtr if I can get one exported. however if I buy one that someone already exported to the states it looks like I will have to get the gtst. from what I'm seeing the gtr overseas is roughly 17-22k and one already exported is like 25-30k which is a little absurd.

ive been looking at rivsuimports.com for domestic purchases and they seem pretty reliable but have a small and pricey inventory

I really don't want to get a gtst, but its not looking like I cant get a gtr from abroad unless I have cold hard cash