Thread: who has the best prices for exporting right now?

User Info Menu

Default who has the best prices for exporting right now?

SO I went with sastrad for my first go, and frankly, they were great, but they used a set of gram lights for dunnage in the container, and I got nailed hard at the port of portland. Frankly, it's probably my fault for using port;land as a port, and I will be using tacoma next time.

I'm planning on importiung a few kei cars to flip and keep one for myself I think. Who do you guys suggest these days?
    1965 Debonair Deluxe, 88 starion,78 lancer, 84,85, and 86 ex1800 gsr turbo lancers,87 minicab van estate supercharged 4x4

User Info Menu

Most of them are similarly priced, usually a flat rate of about $1000 USD and some will do things in a way that make it more (eg. charging tax, extra fees etc...). There are also a few who charge slightly less.

Personally look at the service and reviews of the Exporter rather than price. A bad Exporter will cost you far more than anything you may save especially with incorrect info or bad buying advice/inspections etc....

User Info Menu

If you decide to fill a container I'd be interested in chipping in for a space. I want to fill the car with stuff and can't do that with ro/ro from what I've heard.

User Info Menu

Hey oliver nice to you see you after so long how is the Impreza doing?! I personally try to avoid container for cars due to higher risk of damage but it really is nice to load up with parts. A group buy or something along those lines I think would be the best (where we just fill a container with member parts).

User Info Menu

It has been a long time! Been carless for a few years but leaving Japan next summer permanently and want to bring a car back full of my stuff (and motorcycle). If anyone here wants to share a container around June from Tokyo, get in touch!

User Info Menu

Hey Oliver always good to hear from you! We don't have enough members from Japan so hopefully you can give us all a lot more info at some point.
    You'll definitely need a container to bring back your stuff as you really can't do it with RO/RO (theft concerns aside). Anyway just bumping in case some other members want to group ship some parts back from Japan!